Faulty tumble dryer caused tower block fire, investigators find



A faulty tumble dryer subject to a safety notice was the cause of a huge tower block fire, an investigation has found.
London Fire Brigade renewed its campaign to make white goods safer following a "painstaking" investigation into the blaze in an 18 story building in Shepherd's Bush in August, which took 120 firefighters to bring under control.
The brigade said it believed a faulty Indesit tumble dryer was the cause, adding that parent company Whirlpool should change its advice to customers so that any dryers waiting to be modified are not used.
London Fire Brigade's Director of... read more

 
6 October 2016 in Regional East, Views: 30
Source: Belper News
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31