Faulty tumble dryer 'caused Shepherd's Bush tower block fire'



A faulty tumble dryer subject to a safety notice was the cause of a tower block fire, an investigation has found.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) said it believed the faulty Indesit appliance was the cause of the blaze in Shepherd's Bush in August.
The LFB said parent company Whirlpool should change its advice to customers so that any dryers waiting to be modified are not used.
Whirlpool said the safety of consumers "is our number one priority".
The blaze engulfed part of the 18-storey high rise block and took 120 firefighters to bring under control. No on was injured.
Dave Brown,... read more

 
6 October 2016 in Business, Views: 36
Source: BBC
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31