Father denies murder of baby girl
A drug-taking dad killed his baby daughter when he became frustrated she would not stop crying at night, a court heard.
Daisy Mae Burrill was just two months old when she suffered fatal head and brain injuries at the hands of her dad John Burrill, 30.
Preston Crown Court heard Burrill, of Gordon Road, Fleetwood, was “moody” at being woken up for a second time during the night, when the little girl cried for her bottle at around 5.45am on March 11.
He told his partner: “I’ve been up for hours, I’ll get up” and took the baby downstairs to prepare her feed.
Burrill denies murder.
The girl’s... read more
- 09:22 Man smashes van windscreen in road rage incident in Corby
- 09:22 WATCH: Dolphins captured by drone off Northumberland coast
- 09:21 Three wasted police time by making false 999 calls
- 09:21 Two women 'sexually assaulted' at Download Festival, court told
- 09:21 Big Little Lies: Nicole Kidman left in 'a lot of pain' with...
- 09:20 Which 11 Prem stars make it into the European media’s top 25...
- 09:20 In-demand midfielder appears to confirm Manchester United transfer
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...
- 09:15 Cumbrian family take brain tumour campaign to Westminster
- 09:15 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?