Fatal Sledmere crash cyclist lost son in bike accident
A cyclist who died in a collision with a lorry in East Yorkshire lost his son in a nearby motorbike accident two years ago.
Ian Milner, from Driffield, died in the crash on the B1253 near a crossroads in Cowlam on Friday afternoon.
The 55-year-old cyclist and Iveco tipper lorry were headed towards Sledmere when the accident occurred.
His son Owen was killed about 11 miles away on the B1248 near Wansford in May 2014, Humberside Police said.
Officers continue to investigate the circumstances of Friday's crash.
The 29-year-old driver of the lorry, from Bridlington, was treated for shock at the... read more
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...
- 09:15 Cumbrian family take brain tumour campaign to Westminster
- 09:15 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 09:14 Berlin airport ground staff agree pay deal after strikes - union
- 09:13 Cheshire West and Chester Fairtrade Fortnight is a big hit with...
- 09:13 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:13 Nick Clegg accuses Government of ‘clipping Parliament’s wings’ with...
- 09:12 Over 150 people have complained to Ofcom about the BBC’s Red Nose...
- 09:11 South Yorkshire volunteers need for Guide Dogs charity
- 09:10 Street food popping back to Leeds Merrion Centre