Fatal blow for Burnley's pioneering youth club
A pioneering youth club that Prince Charles hailed as “incredible” has finally been forced to close down, 14 years after it was launched in the wake of the 2001 riots.
News that the Fraser Street Project has finally closed its doors comes as a bitter blow to the hundreds of young people who used the centre and the volunteers who have devoted years of their lives to making it a success, especially founder Fran Monk who has spoken of her heartbreak at having to make the final decision.
“This has been a very hard decision to make but sadly the Fraser Street project has come to the end of the... read more
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall
- 11:59 John Lennon letter to The Queen valued at £60,000 in Liverpool
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Controversial homes approved
- 11:55 Pensioners can boost their brain power 'by building up their muscle...
- 11:55 When do you start wearing a poppy? Poppy etiquette on Remembrance Day
- 11:55 Acklington WI, Meeting
- 11:54 Sunderland need to show greater resilience in survival fight says...
- 11:54 Swedish central bank holds policy, primes guns for December action
- 11:54 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:53 Leeds defender attracting interest from Leicester - reports
- 11:53 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate
- 11:53 #ThrowbackThursday: Harrogate men prepare for battle in 1982
- 11:53 Man 'took knife from waistband and stabbed teenager in the heart',...
- 11:52 Introducing the 6p-a-minute cafe where coffee and food are included
- 11:52 'Every time I've left him out, he's just trained harder' - Lincoln...
- 11:52 Trick or treaters told to play safe this Halloween
- 11:51 Hard-hitting exhibition on child abuse goes on display at...
- 11:51 Sir Alex Ferguson names Manchester City as his Premier League...
- 11:50 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:50 LG Electronics says third-quarter profit down 3.7 percent vs. year...
- 11:50 Qualcomm to buy NXP Semiconductors for enterprise value of $47 billion
- 11:50 Iraqi army tries to reach site of IS executions south of Mosul
- 11:49 Smelly foreign ladybirds invade UK homes
- 11:49 Hartlepool community pays tribute to eight-year-old boy knocked...