Fashionable figures for clothing chain Ted Baker
Ted Baker, the global fashion house with Scottish roots, has shrugged off tough trading on the high street to lift half-year profits by more than a fifth, but cautioned that conditions remain “challenging”.
Founder and chief executive Ray Kelvin hailed a strong performance despite difficult trading in all its markets as the group posted a 20.5 per cent jump in pre-tax profits to £21.5 million for the six months to 13 August.
The firm – which began life in 1988 with a single store in Glasgow – notched up a 13.6 per cent rise in retail sales, up 9.6 per cent with currency movements stripped... read more
- 03:45 Australians sitting on mountains of cash as wealth outpaces debt
- 03:43 Child sex offences 'rise fourfold in Greater Manchester'
- 03:40 Nikkei edges down on pause in weak yen trend; mining shares outperform
- 03:40 Court decides whether to arrest ousted South Korean president Park
- 03:34 Jose Mourinho orders Manchester United to press ahead with Tiemoue...
- 03:32 BlackBerry, freed of handsets, looks to software for return to glory
- 03:04 EU offers to negotiate Nord Stream 2 on behalf of members - Politiken
- 03:04 Oil stable on falling Libyan output, but bloated US market still...
- 03:01 Food trade drains global water sources at 'alarming' rates
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea's Stephanie Pratt going for gold with Team GB rugby...
- 02:56 'He was always the a-- wipe for Will Smith': Fresh Prince of...
- 02:56 EastEnders is not so Dyer without Danny as 'TV show ratings are...
- 02:56 Stephen Belafonte shares intimate 'threesome snap' with Mel B......
- 02:56 Lucy Mecklenburgh dresses her svelte figure in a leather jacket and...
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea star Rosie Fortescue rocks a psychedelic minidress...
- 02:56 TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou sizzles in plunging bralet as she puts on...
- 02:55 Ivanka Trump to be assistant to US president
- 02:55 SpaceX set to launch 'used rocket'
- 02:37 Ex-Cyclone Debbie forces mass closure of Queensland schools
- 02:28 Report shows computer delays in child grooming inquiries
- 02:20 Asia shares creep up to near two-year peak, dollar firms
- 02:18 Inside Mosul, a huge blast, then screams, dust and horror
- 02:13 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:59 Jose Mourinho rules Paul Pogba out of Manchester United’s clash...
- 01:49 Volkswagen says U.S. approves sale of modified diesel vehicles
- 01:46 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:43 ConocoPhillips sells oil and gas assets to Cenovus for $13.3 billion
- 01:42 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:39 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:35 Nintendo Switch news: Classic dock design may make you skip that...