Fashion brand Alexander McQueen makes loss despite record sales
Directors at fashion brand Alexander McQueen said sales for the label reached ‘unprecedented levels’ last year for both retail and wholesale.
They said the record sales confirmed ‘the strong development of the Alexander McQueen brand as well as the successful in-house relaunch of the McQ label’.
However, in spite of soaring sales, the company made an overall pre-tax loss due to increased expenses and difficult trading conditions.
Accounts just filed for the year to December 31, 2015, showed that turnover grew slightly from £9.6million to £10.5million but losses increased from £2.4million... read more
- 06:57 Hospitals look for NHS 70th anniversary boost
- 06:57 PNE boss Alex Neil rues missed chances to get into top six
- 06:57 Guest Column: Bassetlaw needs to become a Mayflower tourist trap
- 06:57 Emergency services dealing with serious collision near Doncaster
- 06:57 College students brush up skills for painting competition
- 06:55 Guest column: How much of ‘our country’ will Brexit actually give...
- 06:55 Guest Column: Delays in Manchester will affect Gainsborough
- 06:54 Opinion: Burton Mail says murderer David Bond should serve his...
- 06:53 Alder Hey hospital staff are receiving threats and personal abuse...
- 06:49 Carphone Warehouse to move to new site in Stratford
- 06:48 Sky Sports pundit explains how close Liverpool are to challenging...
- 06:47 Being dad for a third time takes it’s toll on Prince William as he...
- 06:47 Pictured: Man fighting for life after police stood by while he was...
- 06:47 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:45 Emergency services dealing with serious collision near Doncaster
- 06:43 Kate Bush makes second tribute to Emily Brontë with art installation
- 06:43 Don't call me baby: the birth of the gender-neutral ‘theyby’
- 06:40 REVEALED: The 20 worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in Sheffield
- 06:38 Tributes to Hebburn-born science expert
- 06:38 Families urged to sign up for South Tyneside hospice fundraiser
- 06:38 Hospitals look for NHS 70th anniversary boost
- 06:38 Firms ‘looking to move’ because of South Tyneside traffic jams
- 06:38 Bid to build business units in South Tyneside
- 06:38 South Shields FC to toast another title success with party
- 06:37 Jose Mourinho to decide between Nemanja Matic and David De Gea as...
- 06:36 Leader comment: Old age is a cancer risk
- 06:36 Northampton heroes next door win neighbour thank-you awards
- 06:36 Shona Robison under fire over ‘snub’ to doctors discussing...
- 06:36 Older people ‘overlooked’ in cancer coverage
- 06:34 Our little miracle: Burton Latimer couple’s baby battle