Farc removed from EU’s terrorist list
Colombians celebrate historic peace deal
by James Tweedie
COLOMBIA’S main Marxist rebel group was provisionally removed from the EU’s list of terrorist organisations yesterday following Monday’s signing of a historic peace deal.
EU ambassador to Colombia Ana Paula Zacarias said the “change in circumstances” brought about by the accord had prompted the bloc’s decision to take the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (Farc) off the terror list.
Brussels will now consider permanently erasing the smear against the group as it enters politics again for the first time since the 1980s.
But US... read more
- 15:22 Woman beaten and robbed after dropping children off at school
- 15:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 15:22 Burton Albion transfer news: Nigel Clough waiting on two loan...
- 15:22 Mohamed Elneny wants to become a legend at Arsenal like Thierry Henry
- 15:22 Dancer celebrates her 100th birthday
- 15:22 John Brayford won't rely on luck as Burton Albion look to turn...
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady
- 15:19 Top shots from the Masters by snooker’s finest
- 15:19 One in, one out: Manager confirms Chelsea arrival means ace is leaving
- 15:18 Proggy mats set for American adventure
- 15:18 The future is bright for Hartlepool United under Dave Jones - Sam...
- 15:18 Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea explains why he's excited
- 15:17 Pokemon Go RIVAL Pokemon Duel gets SHOCK release on iPhone and Android
- 15:17 HSBC's Huddersfield branch survives closures
- 15:17 Oscars 2017 nominations SNUBS: From Amy Adams to Deadpool
- 15:16 Muslim campaigner backs Catholic school which banned...
- 15:16 New Mitsubishi SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 - pictures
- 15:16 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:16 French plaits, Barbie’s boyfriend and Olly Murs songs - things only...
- 15:16 Dundee boy's balloon flies 370 miles to Banbury
- 15:16 Young Gers pegged back at death
- 15:15 Premier League players with most games unbeaten after debut - who...
- 15:15 1,061 fewer teachers in Nottinghamshire by 2019, thanks to...
- 15:15 Why haven't Manchester United FC had as many penalties as their...
- 15:15 Sheffield MP calls for better online education in schools