Fancy being a landlord? Interest rate drop boosts the buy-to-let market
Significant reductions in mortgage rates have made the buy-to-let sector more attractive than ever to investors.
New statistics from Moneyfacts.co.uk show an average five-year fixed rate mortgage for a 75 per cent loan-to-value deal has dropped to 3.96 per cent, the first time it has fallen below four per cent.
It means the rate on this type of mortgage - popular with many buy-to-let investors - is now 0.49 per cent lower than it was six months ago.
Allison Thompson, managing director at Leaders, says: "The cost of borrowing for investors has fallen considerably in recent months,... read more
- 11:05 Eric Gilligan: UK workers’ rights on the line
- 11:05 New Ssangyong SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 -...
- 11:05 Paul Pogba need this player at Manchester United: What he does is...
- 11:05 Sam Riley is 'anxious' about SS-GB
- 11:04 PLEASE SHARE: Have you seen missing Worksop woman Anna Marie?
- 11:04 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:03 Boys as well as girls should be told about the evils of FGM
- 11:03 Jose Mourinho provides Manchester United injury update ahead of...
- 11:03 Ander Herrera seen rousing Manchester United team-mates in tunnel...
- 11:02 Daring councillor’s 70ft charity plunge
- 11:02 Barcelona name just one Spaniard in starting XI for the first time...
- 11:02 Juventus star Dani Alves says he quit Barcelona because they were...
- 11:02 Zlatan Ibrahimovic must love playing with Paul Pogba and Chelsea...
- 11:02 Pervert police officer sacked after being caught with indecent...
- 11:02 Sheffield City Region leaders unite to tackle inequality and boost...
- 11:02 South Yorkshire farmer’s live lamb cam is an internet hit
- 11:02 FTSE steadies after setting one-month high, Unilever slumps
- 11:02 VIDEO: Family of Sheffield man shot dead say 'We are all grieving'
- 11:02 Global airlines see Doncaster Sheffield airport in new light
- 11:02 Chinese news agency warns South Korea's Lotte over THAAD
- 11:01 Lindley hair salon fire: Two arrested on suspicion of wounding with...
- 11:00 Hartlepool Marina lock emptied for first time in more than 20 years
- 11:00 Another major deal for Hartlepool company
- 11:00 Appeal for witnesses after burglary in Northamptonshire village
- 11:00 Piers Morgan for KNIGHTHOOD? Fans make huge demands as host...
- 11:00 Warning to parents over highly infectious bug sweeping UK schools
- 11:00 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:00 Police want to speak to this man about bank card stolen in Corby
- 11:00 UNITARY AUTHORITY: Labour calls for ‘end to shambles’
- 10:59 Police want to speak to this man about bank card stolen in Corby