Fancy becoming an East Coast train driver? No experience necessary, says Virgin Trains
0 Have your say Rail giant Virgin is launching a recruitment campaign for drivers ahead of a new fleet of trains which will "revolutionise" travel on its East Coast line.
The company said it is the biggest single recruitment programme for drivers on the route since the 1980s.
Virgin said it wants to hear from people who have not previously considered becoming a train driver, with training taking a year, and including classroom-based and on-the-job learning.
A new 65-strong fleet of Azuma trains will be launched in 2018, providing an extra 12,200 seats, an expanded timetable and... read more
- 06:22 ‘I went on a walk and returned to find my husband dead’
- 06:22 Blind date: ‘He kept trying to order for me’
- 06:20 Paul Pogba: Former Man Utd star makes big claim on under-fire ace...
- 06:14 Bike star Brian Cookson’s plans to create Lancashire cycling boom
- 06:12 Real Madrid news: Harry Kane transfer to end with TWO Real stars at...
- 06:10 What makes the perfect political cartoon
- 06:10 Restaurant review: The Almna, Sowerby Bridge
- 06:10 My Yorkshire: Streets of Darkness author AA Dhand on his favourite...
- 06:10 Travel review: Casale Panayiotis, Cyprus
- 06:10 Fracking could see home insurance premiums rise for thousands in...
- 06:10 Theresa May: Fracking across Yorkshire will be financially...
- 06:10 Saturday’s best TV: Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway; Troy: Fall...
- 06:08 NHS Scotland staff shortages leads to £26m overtime payments
- 06:08 Edinburgh prepares for Calcutta Cup economic boost
- 06:08 Ross Douthat: Americans, not Russians, put Trump in White House
- 06:08 Jane Bradley: How dads can make a more equal world for their daughters
- 06:08 Leader comment: A lesson in keeping your word
- 06:08 After 120 years, Arnold School is reduced to rubble
- 06:07 Wigan man attacked his girlfriend and her mum
- 06:04 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho names FIVE key players set to miss...
- 06:02 Food and drink: ‘Entering mid-life doesn’t mean you can’t still eat...
- 06:01 Plan International UK charity reveals child sex abuse cases
- 06:01 Myanmar: Bombs explode in capital of restive Rakhine state
- 06:00 Former Chelsea star SLAMS club after Antonio Conte sack rumours
- 05:56 YEP says: Slow-lane transport system not up to speed
- 05:56 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp makes Lionel Messi statement about...
- 05:56 Man Utd news: Owen Hargreaves exposes REAL problem with Paul Pogba...
- 05:50 With video: Motorists paws for thought to keep dogs safe on the road
- 05:50 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho would LOVE a point against Chelsea - big...
- 05:48 Lawyer who tried to murder his wife is struck off after losing...