Family's devastation after human foot found in search for missing Avril Whitfield
Police have today confirmed that a human foot discovered on a North Wales beach is that of missing Avril Whitfield.
The discovery of the foot in a boot was made by a member of the public walking around Llanddwyn Island on the west coast of Anglesey.
DNA tests have confirmed the remains, found last month, belonged to the 57-year-old from Caernarfon who went missing on April 1, sparking a huge search.
Avril’s family have today thanked everyone for their support over the last six months.
Read More Missing Caernarfon man found dead
A statement issued by North Wales Police on their behalf said:... read more
- 16:15 Drifting through the snow: the 76th Goodwood Members’ Meeting reviewed
- 16:14 Stirling effort at Leamington Rotary Club’s charity evening
- 16:13 Mysterious new 'twilight zone' full of previously unknown colourful...
- 16:13 Why cockroaches are so hard to kill: Scientists discover a set of...
- 16:12 Museums and other Amsterdam essentials: Top 9 things to see and do...
- 16:12 Fascinating interactive map reveals the 200 vineyards you can...
- 16:12 Ex-SNP MP Natalie McGarry appears in court on fraud charges
- 16:11 Take part in the family-friendly Titchmarsh fun run
- 16:11 ITV blasted over 'inappropriate' Saturday Night Takeaway replacement
- 16:11 IPL 2018 guide: fixtures, players, squads and betting odds
- 16:10 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 16:10 Yorkshire police officer accused of playing Solitaire instead of...
- 16:10 Xabi Alonso: Former Real Madrid star accused of tax fraud
- 16:09 PICTURES: BBC Look North stars roll into Chesterfield for Big 50...
- 16:09 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 16:09 Badger cull threat in Rugby area 'a travesty' says nature group
- 16:08 New fed chief weighs US rate increase
- 16:07 Bury health boss stepping down to take new GP group role
- 16:06 Teens brave the cold to restore Lache Primary School playground
- 16:05 Tributes paid to young dad who died after getting head trapped in...
- 16:05 PCC calls on PM May to correct herself
- 16:05 Benefits claims increase as unemployment nationally falls
- 16:04 Ronaldo names England among the challengers to Brazil at the 2018...
- 16:04 Yorkshire police officer accused of playing Solitaire instead of...
- 16:04 Keith Lemon says Paddy McGuinness is ‘fantastic’ and ‘everything is...
- 16:03 More than 800m people need to travel 30 mins for safe water, report...
- 16:03 Cambridge Analytica sets quandary for right: hate Facebook, love Trump
- 16:03 What can parents do if they suspect their child is self-harming?
- 16:03 Russia accuses UK of hiding or destroying evidence in Skripal case
- 16:03 Air ambulance called to rescue elderly woman who fell in Carlisle