Family's devastation after human foot found in search for missing Avril Whitfield
Police have today confirmed that a human foot discovered on a North Wales beach is that of missing Avril Whitfield.
The discovery of the foot in a boot was made by a member of the public walking around Llanddwyn Island on the west coast of Anglesey.
DNA tests have confirmed the remains, found last month, belonged to the 57-year-old from Caernarfon who went missing on April 1, sparking a huge search.
Avril’s family have today thanked everyone for their support over the last six months.
Read More Missing Caernarfon man found dead
A statement issued by North Wales Police on their behalf said:... read more
- 09:34 Two seriously injured in A590 smash in Barrow
- 09:34 Traffic and travel news for Cumbria - Saturday December 3
- 09:32 India, Afghanistan plan air cargo link over Pakistan
- 09:31 Body of Long Eaton man James Nicholls pulled from sewage tank
- 09:30 Preferred candidate named in hunt for Lincolnshire’s new Chief...
- 09:29 Man killed in early-hours crash near Telford
- 09:29 Paul Pogba can be as good as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and...
- 09:29 Reeves and Mortimer at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall - review
- 09:25 Recognition for partnership tackling underage drinking
- 09:25 Morpeth woman jailed for involvement in murder
- 09:23 Hillsborough foes have traded places
- 09:23 Turkey hits back at EU over migrant deal collapse as it blasts 'you...
- 09:22 Unauthorised wearing of military medals could become a crime
- 09:21 China protests at Trump-Taiwan call
- 09:20 Concert violinist jailed for conning people out of £357,000 by...
- 09:20 Newcastle United duo set to miss Burton Albion trip after red cards...
- 09:16 Chinese mine disasters kill at least 38
- 09:15 Police forced to take mugshot with macaw who wouldn’t leave criminal
- 09:15 Fake injury claimants caught out after they were spotted playing...
- 09:14 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Faith can help when medicine fails...
- 09:13 Digital revamp for Carlisle fast food restaurant
- 09:13 Action group wants clear plan to protect Carlisle from more floods
- 09:12 The Chanel No. 5 perfume you know and love is at risk of...
- 09:11 Glorious English grapes! Spend a weekend tasting award-winning wine...
- 09:11 Swiss sensation! See real snow from the comfort of a first-class...
- 09:11 Erupting geysers, dramatic waterfalls and epic fjords: Stunning...
- 09:11 Masked men attack elderly pair in their Peterlee home
- 09:10 Burglar wrote sorry letter to friend victim from prison
- 09:10 Urgent care unit welcomed for Hartlepool hospital, but many say it...
- 09:10 Battling Bradley Lowery lights up city with Christmas lights switch-on