Family’s agony as malnourished Ada, 98, dies days after move from ‘inadequate’ care home
A grieving family are demanding answers after a malnourished grandmother died five days after leaving an 'inadequate' care home.
Ada Proctor, 98, had to leave Coniston Lodge at Saltshouse Haven, east Hull, when it was closed by the CQC last month.
Owners Bupa were found to have been in breach of seven regulations under the Health and Social Care Act.
The CQC said inadequate staffing levels had resulted in people not receiving proper levels of care, putting some of them at risk.
More news: Revealed: Date for Tesco St Stephen's car parking shake-up
Mrs Proctor had been in the home for 14... read more
- 12:32 Jeff Horn keen to show victory over Manny Pacquiao was no fluke as...
- 12:32 More time to share views on planned Spalding school
- 12:32 Oven fire in Holbeach St Marks
- 12:31 First picture of murdered Paul Millea as devastated family pay tribute
- 12:31 Big-hearted Sheffield community rallies to support food bank hit by...
- 12:31 Police dog Quinn earns her licence to patrol the streets
- 12:31 Don’t get tripped up this winter
- 12:31 Second CCTV patrol car to be deployed to schools to stop dangerous...
- 12:31 Child rapist from Leeds sent child Facebook messages and made him...
- 12:30 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:30 What a mucky pup! Hilarious moment golden retriever dives in the...
- 12:29 Air ambulance alerted to motorway smash in South Yorkshire
- 12:29 Man exposed himself to teenage girl
- 12:28 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:28 Katie Price tells shocked Holly Willoughby she’s losing too...
- 12:28 Festive changes to Lancaster City Council services and facilities
- 12:28 High blood pressure warning: THIS causes your levels to SPIKE...
- 12:28 'Suspicious' man invites girl, 12, into bushes in Bransholme
- 12:28 It’s not all about me, insists under-pressure Middlesbrough boss...
- 12:27 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:27 Church packed for hometown festive concert
- 12:26 Copies of Meghan Markle’s engagement ring banned by jeweller who...
- 12:25 EastEnders star Scott Maslen praises boss John Yorke and says the...
- 12:24 Funeral of Dawson Willcock announced
- 12:24 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:23 World War 3: North Korea must increase ‘quantity and quality’ of...
- 12:23 Full moons can increase likelihood of fatal motor bike crashes
- 12:23 Enormous televisions and reclining chairs recommended in fight...
- 12:23 30 dogs die of heat stroke and suffocation after being left in a...
- 12:23 Labour MP Clive Lewis cleared of groping woman at party conference