Family’s agony as malnourished Ada, 98, dies days after move from ‘inadequate’ care home
A grieving family are demanding answers after a malnourished grandmother died five days after leaving an 'inadequate' care home.
Ada Proctor, 98, had to leave Coniston Lodge at Saltshouse Haven, east Hull, when it was closed by the CQC last month.
Owners Bupa were found to have been in breach of seven regulations under the Health and Social Care Act.
The CQC said inadequate staffing levels had resulted in people not receiving proper levels of care, putting some of them at risk.
More news: Revealed: Date for Tesco St Stephen's car parking shake-up
Mrs Proctor had been in the home for 14... read more
- 08:14 New education trust chief aims for the top
- 08:14 Plans put forward for 825 homes and commercial development could...
- 08:13 Barack Obama ‘sent digital bombs to Russia as revenge for election...
- 08:13 Premier League squads: Every top flight team ranked by market value
- 08:13 Lions head coach Warren Gatland predicts New Zealand tactics for...
- 08:12 Arsenal focus on completing moves for Alexandre Lacazette and...
- 08:12 Wildfire training exercise is conducted
- 08:09 FARMING MATTERS: All hands on deck for sheep shearing
- 08:09 $esc.html($content.name)
- 08:09 Recognition for Park volunteers
- 08:09 Fun for festival-goers at the Allanton Inn
- 08:09 Landowners consulted on coastal path
- 08:08 Brexit business is booming, say four captains of industry
- 08:07 From the Metro Arena to Manchester - father-of-five's tribute to...
- 08:07 Wrongly jailed Nick Dunn's fight for freedom drags on as Chennai...
- 08:06 Bears’ success rewarded with GB call-ups
- 08:06 "Does this sound like a girl suffering from depression?" Sister's...
- 08:05 WATCH Endangered Bornean orang-utan is born at Twycross Zoo - and...
- 08:04 Young Rugby dancers win awards in prestigious festival
- 08:04 County councillor steps down from cabinet following ‘breach of...
- 08:01 Colombia conflict: ELN rebels free Dutch journalists
- 07:59 Lights, camera, action! Behind the scenes of a new cinema advert...
- 07:55 Spa pool at Huddersfield Leisure Centre may never reopen
- 07:54 Join Skegness school for 40th anniversary June Day Jaunt celebration
- 07:53 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Lacazette latest, Mbappe hope,...
- 07:53 Travellers pitch up on Myton Fields again
- 07:50 Henry Onyekuru gets UK visa after Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee...
- 07:49 Former Coventry City defender Blair Adams joins Hartlepool United
- 07:49 Video 5 of 5: Heatwave a boost for Grantham Carnival
- 07:44 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network