Family pay tribute to experienced climber after tragedy in Lake District
The heartbroken family of an experienced climber who has died in the Lake District have paid him a moving tribute.
Kevin Ryan, 50, died after falling down the face of Dove Crag in the eastern Lake District on Saturday. A family statement has outlined the tragic circumstances surrounding his death.
The tribute said that Mr Ryan, from Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, had been an experienced and well equipped walker and climber whose death was the result of a tragic accident.
It said: “Unfortunately, Kev passed away in a tragic accident. The entire group of nine arrived together at the cave at 2pm,... read more
- 10:45 Woman suffers life-changing injuries in A45 crash near Wellingborough
- 10:45 BUSINESS DAIRY: Events taking place in the coming weeks
- 10:45 Woodhouse Day Nursery in Woodhouse Eaves was shut down for...
- 10:45 Emmerdale spoiler videos: Debbie Dingle returns as Gabby Thomas...
- 10:44 Madonna says White House comments 'taken out of context'
- 10:44 LISTEN to the heroic 999 call from a Telford toddler which helped...
- 10:44 EMERGING MARKETS-Fading dollar lifts emerging stocks, currencies
- 10:44 Trump White House to brief media amid 'alternative facts' row
- 10:43 Unsettled weather later in the week
- 10:42 Kelechi Iheanacho's dad gives update on striker's Man City future
- 10:42 These stunning images give an aerial tour across Merseyside
- 10:42 Brownlee brothers named among UK's most influential people.
- 10:42 Burning your toast could increase cancer risk, experts say
- 10:41 China cracks down on unauthorized internet connections
- 10:41 Six points and £200 - tough new penalty for mobile use behind the...
- 10:41 Image released of man in connection with theft in Northampton of...
- 10:40 Man blinded by chef with chilli powder after complaining about...
- 10:40 What it’s like to talk to your GP about your mental health
- 10:39 Shkodran Mustafi looking to continue impressive unbeaten run at...
- 10:39 One lane closed on M61
- 10:39 Algeria need a minor miracle in order to progress to the knockout...
- 10:39 Billy’s delight at his internet success
- 10:39 The dental nurse who became an alligator catcher
- 10:39 Charity offers trio of opportunities to make a difference for...
- 10:39 South Korea ministry apologises over artists' blacklist
- 10:38 Civic Society column by David Winpenny
- 10:38 Bettys enjoys its best Christmas sales growth as demand soars
- 10:38 Can YOU spot the subtle differences between these pictures? Quiz...
- 10:38 Appeal for volunteers to support one of Ripon's most loved cycling...
- 10:38 Can YOU see the hidden messages in these logos? Take the test to...