Family of tragic Blues fan 'overcome with emotion' as minute's applause bid goes viral
A mum whose son died tragically she is “overcome with emotions” after an appeal for a minute’s applause at tonight’s Everton game went viral.
Huge Blues fan Jake Watson, 14, from the Isle of Man, died from a severe asthma attack on September 19.
Lea Watson, 37, said the family couldn’t believe it when The Everton Way group on Facebook asked for fans attending the Crystal Palace match tonight to applause during the 14th minute in tribute to Jake.
She said: “We had no idea. Within a space of maybe an hour the post had reached over 300 shares.
“Mark, Jake’s stepdad, and I liked the page and... read more
- 10:05 Sheffield primary school help to raise 1,000 items after Christmas...
- 10:05 Blackpool’s new Icon is rising from the ground as work on £16.25m...
- 10:05 This gift card trick from MoneySavingExpert Martin Lewis will get...
- 10:05 Tamworth bin backlog ‘could last until next week’
- 10:04 Residents of village near Rugby to get a say on future development
- 10:04 FYI, we’ve been drinking red wine at the wrong temperature
- 10:04 16 reasons not to be cynical about Christmas
- 10:04 Actually, my mental health does define who I am
- 10:03 Trees could soon replace streetlights after scientists create...
- 10:03 Where is Grenfell Tower and when was the disaster?
- 10:01 The most shared thing posted to Facebook in 2017 has been revealed
- 10:01 Threave Rovers aim to go top of the South of Scotland League with...
- 10:00 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty SHUNS Charlie Stayt over shock Star...
- 10:00 Murder charge after death of Cumbrian man
- 09:59 Berwick Children’s Centre is praised by Ofsted
- 09:58 The devil is REAL: Pope says Satan MORE INTELLIGENT than mortals in...
- 09:58 NOT AGAIN! Santa's Sleigh attacked for a second time in Bridlington
- 09:58 Chelsea tipped to use Michy Batshuayi as bait to land Monaco ace...
- 09:58 Joanna’s Apprentice dream crsuhed after “savage” interview round
- 09:57 Bryn Terfel is the latest star to quit Tosca
- 09:56 Teen Tyler remembered for his ‘infectious giggle’
- 09:56 Football club’s stand against male suicide
- 09:56 Sweets expert reveals country's favourite Christmas confections
- 09:54 Win tickets to see Sunderland AFC take on Fulham FC
- 09:54 Sunderland children's services spend £7.7million on agency staff as...
- 09:53 ASOS launches new Star Wars collection
- 09:53 The Christmas tractor run returns in aid of Katharine House
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet