Family of tragic Blues fan 'overcome with emotion' as minute's applause bid goes viral
A mum whose son died tragically she is “overcome with emotions” after an appeal for a minute’s applause at tonight’s Everton game went viral.
Huge Blues fan Jake Watson, 14, from the Isle of Man, died from a severe asthma attack on September 19.
Lea Watson, 37, said the family couldn’t believe it when The Everton Way group on Facebook asked for fans attending the Crystal Palace match tonight to applause during the 14th minute in tribute to Jake.
She said: “We had no idea. Within a space of maybe an hour the post had reached over 300 shares.
“Mark, Jake’s stepdad, and I liked the page and... read more
- 10:11 British man accused of masterminding German cyber attack
- 10:10 Fourth teenager charged over street shooting
- 10:10 Storm Doris: What is a weather bomb?
- 10:10 Louth councillor slams BNP leaflets as ‘disgusting’
- 10:10 Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary education room re-opens
- 10:10 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:09 Chelsea v Swansea: Win a pair of tickets to this Premier League...
- 10:09 Arsene Wenger has been brilliant for Arsenal... but they’ve been...
- 10:09 Motorcyclist dies after crash in Bottesford
- 10:09 Starbucks is bringing fancy Nitro Cold Brew Coffee to their UK stores
- 10:09 1,000,000 people watch home movie recreation of The Moorside
- 10:08 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic makes HUGE claim about star striker Andy...
- 10:08 Man United star set for hefty cash bonus after doing this
- 10:08 ‘Good year’ for BAE Systems
- 10:08 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:08 Police seize suspected cannabis haul
- 10:08 New regulation proposed for doggy day care businesses
- 10:08 10 things every parent should know about Tax-Free Childcare
- 10:06 Wayne Shaw breaks silence over pie-eating scandal – and blames...
- 10:06 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 10:06 LIVE UPDATES: Storm Doris arrives in Derbyshire
- 10:06 York and Leeds scientists in breakthrough on ‘unlocking’ common...
- 10:06 Celebrate National Toast Day with Burton's own Marmite by creating...
- 10:05 Coun Mair - ‘I’ve been given second chance of life’
- 10:05 Sheffield air raid that killed and injured nearly 50 people to be...
- 10:05 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...
- 10:05 ‘Brexit to blame for empty floors’
- 10:04 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...
- 10:04 Man rescued but two dogs killed in blaze
- 10:04 Symptoms of diabetes: Seven signs YOU could have the condition