Family of Tamworth woman who died from Huntington's disease vow to continue 'Sarah's Dream'
THE family of a Tamworth woman who died from Huntington's disease have vowed to continue in their quest to raise vital research funds with another Christmas event.
Gail and Jeff Brook, of Quince, Amington, will suit up and do their bit to help raise funds and awareness of the disease which killed their daughter Sarah Brook – who passed away on Monday (October 17) at Badby Park Care Home – 10 years on from her first diagnosis.
Gail Brook, Sarah's mum, said: "Huntington's disease is genetic, her father died from it and there's a 50-50 chance of it being passed on. I could see it in her... read more
- 08:44 YOUR LETTERS: Think mobility scooters too
- 08:44 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:43 Andy Garner on importance of the first goal for Burton Albion at...
- 08:43 Jose Mourinho discusses Man United transfers: These two deals will...
- 08:42 Newcastle boss Benitez: It’s hard to attract players to the...
- 08:41 Grantham Hospital support group offers First Aid training
- 08:41 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday January 21
- 08:41 Tom Hardy is red hot favourite to be next James Bond and reveals...
- 08:40 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:37 Jose Mourinho admits Luke Shaw is going through a difficult period...
- 08:37 Belford man receives MBE
- 08:37 Don’t lose your vote when you move home
- 08:36 Antonio Conte organises peace meal for Diego Costa and Chelsea...
- 08:36 Do you want to support Help for Heroes?
- 08:35 Businessman ends up in court after thieves steal his shotguns
- 08:34 Verdict on safety of fire ravaged Barrow building due next week
- 08:32 Coatbridge footballer Mark Kerr tells the Albion Rovers players to...
- 08:31 Go-ahead for 16 homes on outskirts of Shrewsbury
- 08:31 Telford poisoner’s wife tells others ‘trust your intincts’
- 08:31 ‘Prime’ Ludlow housing land is up for sale
- 08:31 Tories dub Telford council leader 'Shaun of the Debt'
- 08:31 Shrewsbury police in extra patrols over reports of 'sexual...
- 08:31 £1,200 damage in vandal attack at Shrewsbury Quarry play park
- 08:31 Shrewsbury butcher's shop burglar jailed for a year
- 08:31 Ludlow's twin oaks await decision on chop
- 08:31 Shrewsbury drugs courier avoids being sent to prison
- 08:31 Shropshire hospitals ask nurses to put in extra shifts as demand on...
- 08:31 Oswestry bus routes changed to avoid roadworks
- 08:31 Shinal A464 accident blackspot: Traffic lights to stay longer
- 08:31 NHS bosses apologise to parents over Shrewsbury man's suicide