Family man, 61, dies after hospital where he worked 'missed cancer'
A much-loved hospital porter whose cancer was missed by senior medics has now died.
Family man John Tweedy passed away on Monday morning having told how he felt let down by Darlington Memorial Hospital where he had worked for 11 years.
His family, who have also given years of dedicated service to the hospital, have been left heartbroken as well as “hugely disappointed” about how he was treated.
Last weekend, the Chronicle’s sister paper, the Sunday Sun reported how senior staff had failed to spot Mr Tweedy’s cancer when he attended his hospital as a patient on October 15 last year.
Read... read more
- 11:50 Who are the famous faces getting honorary degrees from Sunderland...
- 11:50 Horror as dead moles left dangling from fence near school
- 11:50 Ed Sheeran UK tour 2018: here's the nearest place to see him live
- 11:50 Nine-year-old Beeston schoolboy hopes to deck rivals and become...
- 11:50 What's it like to live in York? Why this charming city set within...
- 11:49 Man raped in attack in Rotherham street
- 11:49 Sheffield Hospital hub will help charity
- 11:49 UK and industrials prominent in Goldman strategists' M&A target...
- 11:49 'She was beautiful inside and out': Devastated family's tribute to...
- 11:49 Play areas across borough to be improved
- 11:48 Swansea target Erwin Mulder on free transfer from Heerenveen as...
- 11:48 Firm hires designer who decorated Prince William’s wedding car
- 11:48 South Ribble MP appointed as Theresa May's aid
- 11:48 Week In Court
- 11:47 Vehicle aquaplanes into trees after leaving Sunderland road
- 11:47 BREAKING: Bomb alert outside McDonald's as gas bottle with igniter...
- 11:46 Fire crews battle commercial blaze
- 11:45 Sewing the Seeds of a Creative South Tyneside business
- 11:45 Khabib Nurmagomedov eyeing spot on UFC 217 card, still wants to...
- 11:45 Coventry City confirm Academy staying put for another season
- 11:44 Muslim festival of Eid prompts sales alert at JD Sports
- 11:44 This 1956 Aston Martin DBR1 could become the most expensive British...
- 11:44 Man sought in relation to Liverpool murder could be in Wrexham
- 11:44 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 11:42 Big Brother star Chanelle McCleary flashes BOTTOM in miniskirt...
- 11:41 Future looks healthy for Boldon’s Opus Medigas
- 11:41 Adolf Hitler is not a 128-year-old man living in Argentina
- 11:41 14 reasons Stoke-on-Trent is a great place to live
- 11:40 Abortion reform matter for Stormont, court rules
- 11:40 Armed police with 'masks and machine guns' swarm on Coventry address