Family feuds over inheritance are on the rise - and a record number of cases reached the High Court last year
The number of inheritance disputes reaching the High Court each year has soared to a record high due to the intricacies of modern family life and rising property prices, according to a law firm.
A single case, where an estranged daughter successfully battled her mother's decision to leave money to animal charities, was also so widely publicised it could encourage more people to make such claims.
Some 116 cases were brought in the High Court under the Inheritance Act last year compared with 15 in 2005 - an eight-fold increase in the annual figure. But this still relatively small number... read more
- 07:53 REVEALED: Winning images for the 2018 Examiner Calendar
- 07:53 The earth may have moved for some in Huddersfield...but it wasn't a...
- 07:52 Man Utd are Premier League contenders for the first time in four...
- 07:52 Chelsea handed massive injury boost as crocked duo train ahead of...
- 07:50 Is Kodi illegal? A judge has had the final say on fully-loaded boxes
- 07:49 Woman, 35, arrested over murder of daughter, 3, is ‘science teacher’
- 07:48 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:47 Suicidal thoughts on rise amongst children
- 07:44 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:44 Property Insider: Homes you can buy for £50,000 or less
- 07:42 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:41 Rafa Benitez explains why he left out Newcastle’s Aleksandar Mitrovic
- 07:40 Crime round-up from towns and villages in North Lincolnshire
- 07:40 First Class 2017: See pictures of new starters at schools across...
- 07:40 Six of the most haunted places in North Lincolnshire
- 07:39 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:38 Banbury woman crashes past haters with song recorded by famous...
- 07:36 14 of the best places to get a Sunday roast in Gwynedd
- 07:36 13 of the most haunted hotels in North Wales you can stay the night
- 07:36 Here's how to get tickets for The Killers extra UK arena tour date
- 07:36 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:35 Harrogate Advertiser archives: 10, 20 and 30 years ago this week
- 07:34 Man handed suspended jail term after telling relative 'no college,...
- 07:32 WEEKEND WEB: Lincolnshire Free Press letters...
- 07:31 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:31 Explosives experts called to Sellafield
- 07:25 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:24 MotoGP star Valentino Rossi discusses poor Phillip Island session:...
- 07:24 Mesut Ozil angry at speculation surrounding Arsenal future and...
- 07:23 Worksop chef’s catering firm derailed after boozy collision