Families of 9/11 victims will now be able to sue Saudi Arabia
Families of those who died in the 9/11 attacks WILL be able to sue Saudi Arabia, after the US Congress overruled Obama’s veto.
President Barack Obama had vetoed a bill to allow the relatives to file suit against Saudi for its alleged backing of the attackers.
Teenage gunman 'opens fire on primary school' in US However, Congress have now voted overwhelmingly in favour of reversing his decision – giving Obama the first veto override of his presidency.
Both the House and Senate voted decisively to reverse his decision to throw out the legislation, with Democrats in both chambers abandoning the... read more
- 15:03 Romania Eurovision 2017: Ilinca featuring Alex Florea – Yodel It!
- 15:02 Parties scramble to put forth candidates for shock election
- 15:02 Slam Dunk special guests are revealed
- 15:00 Woman who filmed trio in crown court said she was doing it to...
- 14:59 Snapped: Daniel Sturridge all smiles in training despite injury...
- 14:59 Rugby player Lily Partridge died after opponent's knee hit head
- 14:59 New United Airlines row as GIANT Birmingham bunny dies on flight to...
- 14:59 India, Afghanistan gave help to Pakistani Taliban, says group's...
- 14:59 Urgent warnings issued over social media 'suicide game'
- 14:59 Market Hall gigs will not be happening
- 14:59 The three new Cadbury bars every chocoholic needs to know about
- 14:58 RICS to relocate team to Birmingham
- 14:58 HS2 regen chief quits to take up new role in London
- 14:57 Snow and hail hit London just three weeks after hottest day of...
- 14:57 Two years jail for Carlisle man who contacted boy, 7
- 14:57 VIDEO: Firefighters continue to deal with one of Cumbria's biggest...
- 14:57 From Sardinia to South Yorkshire: Former Doncaster man pens first book
- 14:56 All set to serve up on the seafront
- 14:55 Adidas are launching a range of UltraBoost trainers made from...
- 14:55 Footage of Barrow man ramming pensioner on motorway to feature on...
- 14:55 Alice Ruggles murder trial: Trimaan Dhillon to be sentenced for...
- 14:54 New fight over land-locked ‘scrubland’
- 14:54 Tributes flood in for former Pock mayor
- 14:54 Ben pulls his socks up with six marathons in six days for charity
- 14:53 Manford back at Lowther
- 14:52 Manchester United give Paul Pogba and Antonio Valencia injury updates
- 14:51 Wladimir Klitschko responds to question about retirement if he...
- 14:51 Newcastle United ground raided by HMRC over investigation into...
- 14:51 France election: Macron heckled by pro-Le Pen workers
- 14:51 Jose Mourinho delivers injury update on Paul Pogba ahead of Man...