Fall in NHS patients seen on time ‘should be wake-up call’
New figures showing a fall in patients seen on time at A&E should act as a “wake-up call” for ministers as winter approaches, opposition parties have said.
Statistics for the week ending 9 October show 92.6 per cent of all patients were seen and either admitted, transferred or discharged within four hours – below the Scottish Government’s interim target of 95 per cent.
They show 130 people spent more than eight hours in an emergency department while 22 spent more than 12 hours.
Liberal Democrat health spokesman Alex Cole-Hamilton said the weekly figures were the worst since March while... read more
- 14:37 Tamworth FC set to unveil new striker before weekend
- 14:37 Firearms surrender in Northamptonshire yields 48 weapons in first...
- 14:37 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:36 The Disaster Artist EXCLUSIVE: James Franco is uncanny as Tommy...
- 14:35 Chancellor supports Borderlands Growth Deal
- 14:35 Budget 2017: Chancellor touts £2bn ‘extra’ for Scotland
- 14:35 Cops say NO attempted child snatch happened in Poundland
- 14:35 Appeal for information after cats dumped in Preston park
- 14:35 Pub could be partially demolished to make way for new Co-op...
- 14:33 $esc.html($content.name)
- 14:33 Budget 2017: Stamp duty ABOLISHED for first-time buyers
- 14:33 Fears school land may be sold for housing
- 14:32 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:30 Date and time confirmed for Burton Albion's FA Youth Cup clash with...
- 14:30 Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms eased using THIS unique diet plan
- 14:30 Hull ferry passengers were 'evacuated' in false alarm
- 14:30 Town fayre to kick off Harborough's festive season
- 14:30 Live Budget 2017 reaction as Philip Hammond announces u-turn on...
- 14:29 How the Great Fire of Edinburgh helped create the modern fire service
- 14:29 Ten places in Scotland to make your own festive wreath this Christmas
- 14:28 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Georgia Toffolo almost THROWS UP as she gags...
- 14:28 Budget 2017: What does the stamp duty change mean?
- 14:28 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:27 'Stealing someone’s husband is wrong! ' GBBO's Prue Leith appears...
- 14:27 Is she getting married next month? Millie Mackintosh appears to...
- 14:26 Champions League group qualifying rules: How do teams make the...
- 14:26 Counting down to Christmas Lights Switch-On event
- 14:26 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:26 Police ask public to call immediately if they spot this vehicle
- 14:25 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget