'Fake rape' woman Layla Ibrahim fights to clear name
A woman sentenced to three years in prison after being convicted of faking her own rape says she is now fighting to clear her name.
Layla Ibrahim, from Carlisle, was convicted of perverting the course of justice in 2010 and served 18 months of her sentence, giving birth in prison.
But she told the Victoria Derbyshire programme she has "finally got enough evidence" to prove her innocence.
The Crown Prosecution Service said prosecutions for such cases were rare.
Ibrahim has now asked the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC), the statutory body responsible for investigating... read more
- 00:22 Top banks' commodities revenue drops 7 percent in 2016 - survey
- 00:22 'Magical thinking' on Heathrow expansion
- 00:21 City news: Unilever, Serco, BAE Systems and Hotel Chocolat
- 00:21 Wedding Jewelry by Victoria James
- 00:21 WWE Live 2017 at Genting Arena will see Midlands wrestling stars...
- 00:20 Leeds and Sheffield universities to benefit from £126m...
- 00:18 'Room for improvement' in rail safety, 10 years on from Grayrigg
- 00:17 One fifth of UK shoppers fear Brexit may impact spending - PwC survey
- 00:17 How Peter Thiel’s company Palantir was built with CIA funding and...
- 00:17 Chimps DON'T follow the leader: Researchers find they are more...
- 00:17 Mundell: Tax rise will drive away immigration from Scotland
- 00:17 Tories back plans for new nuclear power plants in Scotland
- 00:12 Do YOU know who your rivals in the office are? Experts find most of...
- 00:12 Google taking on Uber with 'carpool' service using its Waze app
- 00:12 Hackers can steal your information simply by analyzing the LED...
- 00:12 On the 20th anniversary of Dolly's birth, researchers reveal they...
- 00:11 Banks' bond trading up in 2016 for first time since 2012 after...
- 00:06 All-important antidote to mindless Hollywood pulp
- 00:06 Time to mothball divas’ swansong opera
- 00:07 Paige Doherty's family start #NoJusticeForPaige campaign and call...
- 00:06 The veins Nafta opened in Mexico
- 00:06 Hamilton rallies against ‘outdated’ Formula One
- 00:06 Gymnastics doc accused of sex crimes
- 00:06 Laidlaw out: A massive loss
- 00:06 Tata must honour its pledge to steel workers
- 00:06 A man at the heart of battles that shaped countless lives
- 00:06 ‘Fortress Australia’ – Government seeks Trump-like powers against...
- 00:07 Not tonight, I really DO have a headache: One in 100 suffer 'coital...
- 00:07 HS2 work to start after final hurdle cleared
- 00:06 Corbyn is no whipping boy