Fake Apple chargers fail safety tests
Investigators have warned consumers they face potentially fatal risks after 99% of fake Apple chargers failed a basic safety test.
UK Trading Standards, which commissioned the checks, said counterfeit electrical goods bought online were an "unknown entity".
Of 400 counterfeit chargers, only three were found to have enough insulation to protect against electric shocks.
It comes as Apple has complained of a "flood" of fakes being sold on Amazon.
Apple revealed in October that it was suing a third-party vendor, which it said was putting customers "at risk" by... read more
- 20:10 France scraps controversial Nantes airport proposal
- 20:10 US shutdown looms amid immigration feud
- 20:10 MPs approve European Union Withdrawal Bill
- 20:08 Donald Trump ATTACKS Russia for ‘DENTING’ progress with North Korea...
- 20:07 Andy Carroll hoping Chelsea will move for £20million transfer so as...
- 20:06 Bordon Hill housing plan rejected
- 20:02 Nigeria gunmen kidnap two US and two Canadian citizens
- 20:02 Antonio Conte explains why he benched Eden Hazard, Alvaro Morata...
- 19:58 Emmerdale spoilers: Moira Barton risks nip-slip after sleeping with...
- 19:57 USA Gymnastics ‘won’t fine McKayla Maroney’ for revealing sexual...
- 19:56 Whisky distilleries on the rise south of Scottish border
- 19:56 Meghan Markle gets an apron as first official Royal gift
- 19:56 ‘Historic milestone’ hailed as MPs vote through Brexit Withdrawal Bill
- 19:56 Aubameyang to Arsenal: Moreno makes positive claim over January deal
- 19:56 Jose Mourinho ambushed outside Lowry Hotel in prank involving...
- 19:56 Henrikh Mkhitaryan: What Jose Mourinho thinks about Man Utd star as...
- 19:55 Fortnite patch notes LIVE: New map news confirmed for PS4 and Xbox One
- 19:55 California family torture case EXPLAINED: What has happened so far?
- 19:53 Apple to pay $38bn on foreign cash pile
- 19:51 Millie Bobby Brown is all grown up and reportedly ‘dating singer...
- 19:48 Car parking charges thrown out
- 19:47 Cumbria's MPs speak of 'utterly appalling' baby Poppi case
- 19:44 The fake Sainsbury's vouchers scam you need to know about
- 19:43 M1 crash: One lane closed northbound near Derby
- 19:42 Cumbria's MPs speak of 'utterly appalling' baby Poppi case
- 19:41 Boy makes miraculous recovery after diesel can explodes in his face
- 19:37 Richarlison to Chelsea or Arsenal update: Summer exit from Watford...
- 19:34 Someone stole 1,000 tins of spaghetti hoops from a food bank
- 19:34 Shaun Murphy: If I were designing a snooker player... it would be...
- 19:33 Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas in race against time to be fit for...