Failed asylum seekers go to court to fight extradition orders
In the past year the justice system has been clogged with nearly 8,000 cases and the numbers are continuing to rise.
Authorities say lawyers and pro-refugee groups are fuelling the refugees' lawsuits.
Every single person who files against the decision of the state gets to stay until their appeal is heard.
In the state of Hesse alone there were nearly 4,000 cases filed last year, 3,500 in the first half of this year and there are 42,000 requests for asylum still to be dealt with.
The state has appointed 12 new judges to try to deal with the avalanche of claims.
Some immigration offices are... read more
- 07:36 10,000 hips will be shipped to China thanks to £5m deal
- 07:36 UPDATE: Police issue photo of South Yorkshire man, missing for a...
- 07:36 Police officer recruitment drive launched in South Yorkshire
- 07:36 British Steel workers show mettle for hospice
- 07:36 Teenager admits GBH and cannabis-possession charges
- 07:36 So many Good Reasons to see Jason Donovan in Scunthorpe!
- 07:36 Scunthorpe's Graham Alexander wins manager of the month for November
- 07:36 Who could replace Scunthorpe captain Stephen Dawson against Rochdale?
- 07:36 Pub chain employees' bank details leaked
- 07:36 Scunthorpe Market traders launch petition in effort to block £5m move
- 07:36 People can’t handle these photos of an anxious miniature schnauzer...
- 07:34 Toy shop arsonist, 15, sent to detention for 30 months
- 07:33 Burton hospital multi-storey plans to be reviewed following High...
- 07:32 Council to replace library fines with food bank donations
- 07:30 McDonald’s moving non-US tax base to UK amid EU row
- 07:29 Premises in and around Stoke-on-Trent that scored a food hygiene...
- 07:29 Revealed: 17 of 63 phone boxes facing the axe in North Staffs have...
- 07:28 Remember loved one at concert
- 07:28 Television and film course is most ambitious yet
- 07:27 Big-hearted Summer Touray-Smith, 7, saved mum's life then launched...
- 07:27 Arctic Corsair set to be given new home under £3.5m 'maritime...
- 07:27 Twins open Dessert Quarters in former Spring Bank pub in Hull
- 07:27 Hull City's Adama Diomande needs support and Robert Snodgrass can...
- 07:27 Hull FC's Jordan Abdull says future still up in air after Hull KR move
- 07:27 Struck-off Hull solicitor Paul Stott will 'fight' to restore his...
- 07:27 Serial rapist Johnathon Hunt 'threatened to publish sex video and...
- 07:27 Christmas wrecked for workers as £14,000 of didlum savings 'taken'...
- 07:26 Council tax to be reduced
- 07:26 Midfielder Didier Ndong on dealing with pressure and turning down...
- 07:26 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody