Facebook to increase UK employees by 50% in 2017
Facebook will expand its presence in the UK by 50% when it opens its new London headquarters in 2017, the US technology giant has announced.
It will hire 500 additional employees, including engineers, marketers, project managers and sales staff.
"The UK remains one of the best places to be a tech company," said its London-based executive, Nicola Mendelsohn.
Facebook's new headquarters will be in Fitzrovia at a site that is currently undergoing redevelopment.
The majority of the new staff will be based there.
Ms Mendelsohn will announce the expansion at the Confederation of British... read more
- 13:32 Heading for the heights at Kirkby on Bain school
- 13:31 West Cumbrian hotel nominated for national award
- 13:31 Cambridge Uni issues Shakespeare trigger warnings
- 13:30 Manchester United great Paul Scholes reacted hilariously to...
- 13:30 Teespring is now selling Eat Sleep Rape Repeat and other...
- 13:30 War veterans to switch on Banbury’s Christmas lights
- 13:30 The number of schoolkids taking term-time holiday has RISEN
- 13:30 VIDEO: Banbury fun fair continues
- 13:30 Lack of EU trade agreement would be catastrophic for jobs, says...
- 13:30 You may know you're dead AFTER you die - according to science
- 13:30 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:30 You can now go around the solar system on Google Maps - here's how
- 13:29 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:29 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:28 Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool stars all nominated for Champions...
- 13:28 Grantham Mayor’s Parlour receives old cake topper
- 13:27 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:27 Prescribed goods from NHS cutbacks include gluten-free food and...
- 13:26 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:26 Part of Leyes Lane in Kenilworth flooded
- 13:26 New Look’s fad diet shirt was in bad taste, but it’s up to us to...
- 13:26 Hundreds of children to take part in arts project at Chester...
- 13:26 Police investigate robbery at Notts village shop
- 13:25 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:25 Car pictured lodged in fence on notorious South Cumbria road
- 13:25 Antoni Gaudi: Casa Vicens
- 13:25 The Farming Column with Sam Walton
- 13:24 Part of Leyes Lane in Kenilworth flooded
- 13:24 Apprentice-style contest will be all in good cause
- 13:24 Yellow weather warning for wind issued