Facebook to expose Russian fake news pages
Facebook plans to let people see if they had "liked" pages created by "foreign actors" to spread propaganda during the US presidential election.
The social network has previously said as many as 126 million Americans may have seen content uploaded by Russia-based agents over the past two years.
It is building a tool to let people see whether they had followed now-deleted pages made by the Russia-based Internet Research Agency.
The tool will be launched in December.
The Internet Research Agency was behind hundreds of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts and posted... read more
- 16:24 Snails too 'sluggish' to race in Devon due to cold
- 16:24 A Peaky Blinders party is going to Leeds
- 16:24 Anxious wait for Mansfield workers as Maplin goes up for sale
- 16:24 Crowds flock to Wakefield as rhubarb festival begins
- 16:23 Poor design prompts planning refusal
- 16:23 SMALL CAP MOVERS: Jet2 owner soars 22% after raising profit...
- 16:23 CCFC to play in black armbands in memory of Corey and Casper
- 16:23 Secret world of the credit ratings unmasked – and why it could be...
- 16:23 LED lights on road crossings could prevent 7,000 accidents...
- 16:23 Buying a house as a long-term investment? Here's why it might not...
- 16:22 Vale of Belvoir lawyer chosen to lead dispute platform relocation
- 16:22 Deeping St James burglar loses High Court appeal
- 16:22 Prisma nightclub closed after gun and knife pulled during violent...
- 16:22 Man faces £730 bill for dumping rubbish in Bridlington
- 16:22 Two days of ‘persistent snow’ forecast for Northamptonshire with...
- 16:22 Police appeal over criminal damage and graffiti in Dronfield
- 16:21 FIFA release statement on Neymar’s £23m dispute with Barcelona
- 16:21 Tottenham expected XI: Mauricio Pochettino to field this 4-2-3-1...
- 16:21 VIDEO: Sir Vince Cable urges firms to back £1m Weston Park Cancer...
- 16:21 12 protesters found guilty
- 16:20 Pep Guardiola charged by FA after Manchester City boss wore ribbon...
- 16:20 Catch of the day is... unexploded grenade
- 16:20 Three Cumbria chefs named as Roux Scholarship regional finalists
- 16:19 Catch of the day is... unexploded grenade
- 16:19 Pub’s licence under threat over violence
- 16:19 Drink-driver angry over 'bad date' left four injured after head-on...
- 16:19 Concern for missing man last seen in Coventry
- 16:19 Ejector seat firm fined £1.1million over death of Coventry Red...
- 16:18 Have your say on Bodicote crime
- 16:17 Two days of ‘persistent snow’ forecast for Northamptonshire with...