Facebook says sorry after guns, drugs and hedgehogs go on sale on Marketplace
Facebook proudly opened up its eBay/Craigslist rival Marketplace – and within hours people were selling drugs, guns, and, er, hedgehogs.
Facebook has now apologised for the ‘technical issue’, which allowed users to list banned items such as snakes, baby hedgehogs, hard drugs and offers of manual labour.
The new feature only launched on Monday in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, but the social network admitted that a ‘technical issue” meant items had appeared for sale that violated the site’s user policies.
Facebook said in a statement: ‘As we expanded Marketplace access, we... read more
- 08:21 Silk roads and chilled beef - how China is trying to fill a Trump...
- 08:21 Article 50: What does its triggering mean?
- 08:21 Telford flats hit by vandalism
- 08:21 What are the key issues for the Brexit negotiations?
- 08:21 Hospital order made on Shropshire woman who set fire to mother’s home
- 08:21 Sharp rise in Shropshire animal cruelty cases
- 08:21 Poll: Do you agree with plans to limit the number of items allowed...
- 08:20 Brexit's Article 50 to be triggered TODAY - here's what is likely...
- 08:20 Woman and teenager charged in connection with death of Pedro Godinho
- 08:20 Does your wallet or purse contain a new £1 coin worth £250?
- 08:19 The blood bike Bishop who transports vital packages across the region
- 08:19 Kath Cassidy's son pays tribute to the Newcastle United stalwart...
- 08:19 Convictions for cruelty against animals in the North East fall, but...
- 08:19 Crash between car and bike causing tailbacks on A46
- 08:18 Adam Lallana could miss as many as six Premier League games due to...
- 08:18 French ex-PM Valls backs Macron for president
- 08:17 Suspension for Shropshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:17 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:17 Letter: Osborne’s roles show us why parliament must be overhauled
- 08:17 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:16 Clean sheet thrills Edinburgh as Cobblers boss targets final flourish
- 08:15 Heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful' former Grimsby teacher Marjorie Hogg
- 08:14 Director of Cedar Court Dementia Care Home in Bretby vows to act...
- 08:14 'You behaved like an animal' - Knife-wielding South Yorkshire thug...
- 08:13 Freak accident forces Cumbrian couple to postpone epic China trip
- 08:13 Pics: Man United ace sparks chaotic airport scenes ahead of...
- 08:13 Deal making in rude health despite fears over economy
- 08:12 RNLI urges coast users to be safe after lifeboats called out 1,000...
- 08:12 ARTICLE 50: Once the UK leaves the EU, is there any way back in?
- 08:11 Theresa May has signed Article 50 letter – here’s what happens next