Facebook's corporation tax bill rises to £4.1m after pressure from campaigners
Facebook paid £4.1 million in corporation tax last year after being publicly criticised for contributing £4,327 in 2014.
The latest figure of £4,168,609 is still a fraction of the £210 million revenues the firm reported in the UK in 2015.
Facebook has global profits of more than £1 billion every three months but its corporation tax payment in 2014 was less than a worker on an average wage would have paid in income tax and national insurance.
The firm has since made voluntary changes to how much tax it pays after mounting pressure from campaigners.
Corporation tax is charged at 20% on... read more
- 13:44 Morningside tops Edinburgh happiness league
- 13:44 Siemens pledges commitment to post-Brexit UK
- 13:44 Oil slips towards $50 on doubts over duration of output cut
- 13:43 New-look chalets arrive for summer
- 13:43 The new 12-sided pound coin hits the shops on Tuesday and here's...
- 13:43 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:43 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:43 Man helped fearsome blackmailer stay on the run from police
- 13:43 Teen sustains horrific facial injuries after being jumped at...
- 13:43 EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks: 10 reasons this is the...
- 13:43 Linda Nolan is diagnosed with ‘incurable’ cancer as sister Coleen...
- 13:43 Residents assured rubbish dumped on Holme Lane will be cleared up
- 13:42 Brexit: Theresa May promises to build a ‘more united nation’
- 13:42 Search on for best talent in Daventry
- 13:42 Fun and flavour at Althorp Food and Drink Festival
- 13:42 What’s up choc? Warning as bunny falls ill from scoffing sweet treat
- 13:41 Atletico Madrid team-mate opens up on Antoine Griezmann to Man...
- 13:41 Liverpool clear favourites to beat Chelsea and Man United to Real...
- 13:41 Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock jumps into boyfriend Andre...
- 13:41 Coastguard paged to rescue dog
- 13:41 Drone that flies WITHOUT a human pilot has been given permission to...
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word