Facebook pays a bit more tax in Britain (but not really that much more, if we’re honest)
Facebook paid £4.1million in corporation tax last year, despite doubling its UK turnover to £210million.
The social network agreed to voluntarily pay more tax after a public outcry in 2014, when it contributed just £4,327.
It created hundreds of jobs at its high-tech solar-powered plane centre in Somerset last year and saw worldwide profits top £4billion.
A Facebook spokesman said: ‘We pay all the taxes that we are required to under UK law.’
MORE: Samsung ‘stops production’ of Galaxy Note 7 after replaced phones explode read more
- 14:51 Woman assaulted in broad daylight near Grimsby footbridge
- 14:51 PSA unveils new DS7 Crossback sport utility vehicle
- 14:51 Free-range eggs become ‘barn eggs’ following bird flu
- 14:51 UK insurer Aviva to take 385 million pounds charge after discount...
- 14:51 Rise in people being arrested in Northamptonshire for downloading...
- 14:50 Travel chaos: Birmingham Airport passengers to face WEEKS of...
- 14:50 Chelsea legend John Terry named ‘most loyal’ player in the...
- 14:50 Zinedine Zidane hits back after constant questions about Alvaro...
- 14:50 Massimiliano Allegri tells friends he’s leaving Juventus for Arsenal
- 14:50 Philip Green agrees to pay £363m into BHS pension fund
- 14:50 Simon Says 2017 festival line up announced
- 14:49 Rapist ripped woman’s face from her skull during horrific attack
- 14:48 Chairman Judy hosts gala night of Bourne talent
- 14:48 Bridge open to traffic again – but another closure announced
- 14:48 Woodseats nursery celebrates outstanding Ofsted
- 14:48 Grieving relatives of the Tunisia attack to sue tour operator
- 14:48 Wasps hit record £17m turnover in latest accounts - but still make...
- 14:47 Rangi Chase: Castleford drop star and launch internal investigation
- 14:47 Philip Green ‘pays out £363m’ to pensioners at collapsed BHS
- 14:47 Which new venues have been nominated in the Nottinghamshire Food...
- 14:46 Juventus boss Massimo Allegri has revealed he will be the next...
- 14:46 Wonder Woman news: Gal Gadot cosies up to Patty Jenkins as she...
- 14:46 MP branches out to launch plan to keep Valley green and flood free
- 14:46 RSNO to perform Indiana Jones score at Edinburgh film festival
- 14:45 Markets on edge fearing Donald Trump speech to Congress could spark...
- 14:45 Doncaster Coronation Street and Britain's Got Talent star lands...
- 14:45 Mums are WAY more likely to be in charge of family money than dads
- 14:45 Four ways the USA can get rid of Donald Trump
- 14:45 These are the slang words and emojis parents don't know the...
- 14:45 This is what the new £1 coin, £10 note and £20 note look like