Facebook apologises for drugs, guns and hedgehogs for sale on new Marketplace
Facebook has been forced to apologise after guns, drugs and even baby hedgehogs were listed for sale on its new Marketplace section.
The new feature only launched on Monday in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, but the social network admitted that a "technical issue" meant items had appeared for sale that violated the site's user policies.
Images of illegal drugs and firearms, as well as snakes and baby hedgehogs for sale were posted to other social media by early users of the service, as were adverts appearing to offer cash for manual labour. This violates Facebook's policy... read more
- 00:16 Picture This
- 00:16 Poetry
- 00:16 Bright future beckons for this Solo effort
- 00:16 Owner puts relegation battle down to his illness
- 00:16 Cricket: Broken hand forces Hales to miss rest of Tour
- 00:16 Jones: Lack of leaders could cost England the World Cup
- 00:16 Mike Ambrose: A lovely man and an inspiring journalist
- 00:17 Murder probe after university student dies in attack near...
- 00:16 The stark choices faced by Ecuadorians
- 00:17 Drivers' lives at risk due to dangerous second-hand tyres,...
- 00:16 The just cause of fairer political representation
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...
- 00:12 Pair face child cruelty sentencing over girl's death
- 00:12 Woman held over Leonne Weeks stab death released on bail
- 00:12 'Unfit mother' and partner jailed for letting tragic Poppy, four,...
- 00:12 Nine fined for wilful obstruction of highway in Heathrow Black...