Facebook apologises for baby hedgehog Marketplace ads
Baby hedgehogs, illegal drugs and guns were listed for sale on the new Marketplace section of Facebook's app on its first day of operation.
The social network has apologised, saying a glitch had prevented it from properly screening posts and removing those that violated its policies.
Marketplace offers users a way to buy and sell items to and from others in their local area.
An earlier version of the facility used to be available on Facebook's website.
The New York Times was among the first to report the problem, and said some of the adverts "would not have been out of place on the... read more
- 00:37 Nicola Sturgeon and Carwyn Jones hold Brexit talks
- 00:37 Scottish leg of Queen's Commonwealth baton relay due to start
- 00:37 Pound coin gag scoops best Edinburgh Fringe joke award
- 00:37 Brexit: UK seeks 'close co-operation' on legal disputes deal
- 00:34 Edinburgh Fringe: THIS has been named as the funniest joke of the...
- 00:32 Angola to vote to replace long-serving President Dos Santos
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Jay Mitchell gets a surprise visitor after...
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Shock return for killer child Bobby Beale?
- 00:30 AIs that learn from photos become SEXIST and associate women with...
- 00:30 Chimpanzees AND humans spontaneously copy others to pass on new...
- 00:27 The Battle of Hill 70: Canada's forgotten World War One victory
- 00:24 'Always nice to see a few familiar faces': Wayne Rooney taunts...
- 00:22 U-turn over water changes in west Cumbria
- 00:21 Coutinho: If Liverpool signed Keita, Van Dijk and Salah they...
- 00:20 Great Wall of China revs up bid for Fiat Chrysler
- 00:19 PSG close to Kylian Mbappe agreement and in Fabinho talks: Duo to...
- 00:14 Crystal Palace make £15m move for Spurs' defender Kevin Wimmer...
- 00:14 Shock as Burger Chain Kicks Deaf Man Out
- 00:14 Eleanor Rigby's grave goes up for auction
- 00:14 'Stop the fags' poster appears in Melbourne
- 00:14 Are Turkey’s schools dropping evolution and teaching jihad?
- 00:13 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: Monaco consider selling star before...
- 00:11 'We should give back art looted by the Nazis'
- 00:11 Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- 00:10 Supplement warning: Not enough of THIS vitamin past age of 60 risks...
- 00:10 Arthritis diet: The SIX foods to avoid if you suffer painful symptoms
- 00:10 Babies born to obese mothers at 'higher risk of asthma'
- 00:10 How a school play about Aboriginal history set off a row
- 00:10 What happened when teens from Kashmir and Delhi became pen pals
- 00:10 Luke Shaw and Ashley Young back in action after injury as...