'Fabric found' in search for Ben as mum hopes digger driver is 'burning in hell'
Police searching for missing toddler Ben Needham have found items of "slight interest" – including fabric – following an initial excavation of a site near to where he was last seen.
It was the first day of a fresh excavation at the site following new evidence that the Sheffield toddler may have been killed and buried there, yards from where he vanished while his grandfather, from Market Rasen, was renovating a property.
Today, South Yorkshire Police said the missing toddler is believed to have died as a result of an accident on the Greek island of Kos.
But the news comes as the... read more
- 00:34 Wall Street stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- 00:34 Ghana opposition urges voter support, seeks to turn economy around
- 00:33 Pep Guardiola keen to move on from Sergio Aguero's red card against...
- 00:32 Harry Kane: I can win the Premier League and the Champions League...
- 00:32 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool still have the bottle to win the league...
- 00:31 BREAKING: 'It's the right time' New Zealand prime minister John Key...
- 00:30 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic denies purposefully...
- 00:29 Philippines urges Bangladesh to share results of heist investigation
- 00:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 00:22 Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record in UK'
- 00:22 BT needs to improve customer service after regulator move - chairman
- 00:22 Pupils must be taught British values to help bind communities,...
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer
- 00:08 How and why Corbyn won out
- 00:08 Inside the new world turned upside down
- 00:08 55 clubs in frame for abuse as Chelsea apologise
- 00:09 Who's Who 2017: Eight people from Leicestershire among new entries
- 00:08 Hillier urges HMRC to probe Mourinho for tax-dodging
- 00:08 Rugby Union: England trounce visiting Aussies