FA could have consulted agents about Sam Allardyce - Mel Stein
The Football Association could have dug deeper for information before appointing Sam Allardyce as England manager, according to a leading agent.
Association of Football Agents founder Mel Stein believes the FA should have asked his colleagues about Allardyce, who left his post last week after just 67 days in charge.
The 61-year-old former Bolton and West Ham boss was filmed by undercover reporters making controversial remarks about a variety of subjects, including side work and explaining how to bypass FA rules on third-party player ownership.
Allardyce believed he was talking to a business... read more
- 02:30 Tiahleigh Palmer: foster father Rick Thorburn pleads guilty to murder
- 02:21 North Korea ready to talk 'at any time' with Donald Trump
- 02:16 Poor white schools 'destroyed' by rankings
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly
- 00:53 Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial...
- 00:53 Breast screen error 'could have been spotted earlier'
- 00:50 Loan shark with ‘no morals’ in court
- 00:50 Saving flood water to get through the droughts
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Who’d be a spy? MI6 turns from Oxbridge to TV
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Chris Grayling’s audacity. Minister plays...
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural areas pay the price again. School...
- 00:47 Sudoku 4069 hard
- 00:40 Why DR Congo is confident it will halt Ebola
- 00:39 Alan Mak: Yorjshire can build digital apps to put NHS at your...
- 00:39 Bill Carmichaek: Confessions of a reluctant monarchist as Queen...
- 00:38 Kestrels fly high in promotion race
- 00:37 Prince William to visit Israel and Palestinian territories
- 00:34 Record US fentanyl bust 'enough to kill 26 million people'