Extreme eczema sufferer who looked like a 'monster' after quitting her 30-year steroid cream addiction has clear skin for the first time in her life
An extreme eczema sufferer who felt like a 'monster' after quitting her 30-year steroid cream addiction has clear skin for the first time in her life.
Melanie Lynch, 37, from Birmingham, was first given topical steroid creams as a toddler to treat her flaky skin.
But over the next three decades her condition worsened, forcing her to use the treatment on her entire body.
When her skin didn't appear to be recovering, the mother-of-two made the decision to quit the treatment - but immediately suffered horrific reactions.
It caused her face to swell, her hair to fall out and her skin to turn... read more
- 07:48 Secret to a sharper memory over 50? 45 minutes of gentle exercise...
- 07:47 Trapped cat’s lucky escape from between brick walls in Spilsby
- 07:46 Carpetright nudges profit forecast down as market deteriorates
- 07:45 Craig Shakespeare makes Leicester transfer promise
- 07:45 Eden Hazard provides huge update on new Chelsea deal amid Real...
- 07:45 Ilkeston house fire in Derbyshire sees three taken to hospital
- 07:44 Two arrested in Whitby after suspected class A drugs found
- 07:44 RSPCA appalled by kittens abandoned on Long Eaton street
- 07:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:43 Property group LCP targets Scotland with Glasgow base
- 07:42 The next hot trend is blending your makeup with your boyfriend’s balls
- 07:42 Emmerdale spoilers: Brave Rhona Goskirk reports her rape ordeal to...
- 07:42 Get behind and sponsor the first ever Cleethorpes super cycling event
- 07:42 Keyboard warrior with grudge against Muslims bombarded health...
- 07:41 Woman jailed for crashing into pensioner’s car while sending...
- 07:39 Transfer News: Chelsea double swoop, Arsenal and Liverpool message,...
- 07:39 Speeders beware- stricter driving laws come into force today
- 07:38 Riders cover the miles in aid of four key Cumbrian charities
- 07:38 Puma reports strong sales in Americas and Europe
- 07:38 United, Hartlepool can stay up, says chairman Gary Coxall
- 07:38 Chelsea star Eden Hazard makes contract revelation amid Real Madrid...
- 07:37 Zlatan Ibrahimovic accepts Manchester United career 'is over'
- 07:36 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:36 Slow moving traffic is causing problems for motorists in Burton and...
- 07:35 Lincolnshire 'will see more flooding' unless money is invested in...
- 07:35 Young soldier faces losing job after wielding bread knife in Lincoln
- 07:34 Armed police arrest four men in Rhyl 'incident'
- 07:33 College dance student gets dream job as Tinkerbell at Disneyland Paris
- 07:33 We need to be more ruthless in front of goal says Scunthorpe...
- 07:33 Scunthorpe are in a great place mentally says Graham Alexander