Explosion fears as oil tanker burns off coast of China
An Iranian oil tanker carrying 136,000 tonnes of light oil caught fire after colliding with a freighter off China’s east coast.
There are fears it may explode and sink, as three countries struggle to find 32 crew members who are missing.
Shocking photos show a huge fire still raging around the stricken ship, 36 hours after it burst into flames.
State broadcaster China Central Television, citing Chinese officials, said none of the 30 Iranians and two Bangladeshis who have been missing since the collision have been found.
Meanwhile, search and cleanup efforts have been hampered by fierce... read more
- 09:59 MOT tests are having big changes here’s what you need to know
- 09:59 Woman clocked-up nearly £4,000 in fines for using TV without a licence
- 09:59 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:59 Firefighters called to chimney fire in Heysham
- 09:59 Dog owners blasted for rise in Fylde beach mess
- 09:58 Seven things are going to cost you more from April 2018 - but what...
- 09:58 Croatia squad attend Miami Heat game as Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic,...
- 09:58 Freiburg murder: Afghan jailed for life in Germany
- 09:58 Sheffield tree protester arrested for playing plastic trumpet
- 09:57 Cannibal chef feeds couple slices of their own body parts for...
- 09:57 Hargreaves Lansdown investors to get £15m back after DIY investing...
- 09:57 Police not fooled by 'plonker's' Del Boy driving licence
- 09:56 Minister forced to change his own app after data-mining complaints
- 09:56 Minister floats prospect of procurement rules changing after Brexit...
- 09:56 West Ham issue life bans to fans who invaded pitch or threw missiles
- 09:55 Chimney fire in Fleet Hargate
- 09:55 Comment: Heady days for everyone connected with Montrose
- 09:55 Dundee United new boy Anthony Ralston facing bigger challenge than...
- 09:54 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:53 Extra hours, violence, stress and working while unwell
- 09:53 Major £167k grant for cancer charity
- 09:52 Woman targeted by robber in Doncaster street
- 09:52 Crews battle fire at veterinary surgery in Layton
- 09:52 Editor's letter: How your Harrogate Advertiser website is changing
- 09:52 PLASTIC CAMPAIGN: Lancaster and Morecambe businesses ditch the plastic
- 09:51 Thousands of grandparents are missing out on this Government money
- 09:50 Retail sales grow faster than expected in February
- 09:50 Why Adama Traore could come back to haunt Aston Villa
- 09:50 Reading next manager odds: Overwhelming favourite emerges to...
- 09:50 Plans lodged for new Rokeby school building