Experts unearth the history of site of new houses in Raunds
A silver penny from the 1100s, a collection of lead pistol and musket balls and a copper ring are among the medieval items found on the site of a new development in Raunds.
Experts from the Museum of London Archaeology (MOLA)’s Northampton team have spent several weeks at the field in Midland Road, which will soon be the site of 94 houses.
Following removal of topsoil, the team has been methodically excavating and recording the archaeological remains by hand.
Senior project manager Adam Yates said: “We’ve found more than we expected to.
“We’ve discovered that there was a settlement here in... read more
- 07:15 How explosive polio outbreak had Hull living in fear in 1961
- 07:15 Changing a tyre, setting up a Blu-ray and baking a cake challenge...
- 07:15 Ayr United dump Queen of the South thanks to Paul Cairney winner
- 07:15 Where should Hull KR coach Tim Sheens recruit next?
- 07:15 Ghost stories that spook Grimsby: Belgian journalist discovered...
- 07:15 Ten inspirational women from Hull who should have a statue like Amy
- 07:15 Sparkling performance sees Joanne Clifton top the leader board for...
- 07:15 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Hull?
- 07:15 Cleethorpes Beer Festival proves a tasty day out - pictures
- 07:15 'We were fined at the Tesco St Stephen's car park'
- 07:15 Drone footage shows how the birds view Haile Sands Fort
- 07:15 Cocktail maker preparing to shake things up in Russia!
- 07:15 Crime hotspots: Latest figures reveal the top offences where you live
- 07:15 Revealed: Full cost of fly-tipping to taxpayers in Grimsby area...
- 07:13 Black Friday is back - when is this year's major sale event?
- 07:12 FARMING MATTERS: Self sufficient farmers wives
- 07:12 Lewis White and Adam Peaty are guests of honour as Derbyshire...
- 07:11 Councillor pledges to reverse any changes to taxi licensing if...
- 07:10 How Manchester United should line up vs Chelsea
- 07:10 How Man City should line up vs Southampton
- 07:10 With people out of work or suffering wage cuts this should be...
- 07:10 Blasts injure people in Japanese city
- 07:07 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:05 This test will determine just how much control your cat has over you
- 07:05 12 people on the quickest ways they’ve seen their friends mess up...
- 07:04 Opium crops spread in Afghanistan as Taliban gains ground, U.N. says
- 07:04 Ecuador’s Yasuni park: where oil vies with tourism for the rainforest
- 07:01 ScotRail goes from bad to worse despite promises from Abellio to...
- 06:57 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:57 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’