Expert reveals the ONLY trick for getting a free upgrade on a plane that actually works...
It's slightly painful every time you have to trudge past the business class seats and into the back of the plane on long-haul flights.
But, according to one travel expert, there is an alternative: up your chances of a free upgrade by booking yourself onto oversold flights.
According to Gilbert Ott, the New York-based founder of God Save the Points, it's the only practical tactic that works, since when airlines overfill their economy section, it's their prerogative to win back favour - and if that means an upgrade, so be it.
He tells MailOnline Travel: 'This has worked for me quite a few... read more
- 10:54 Marcus Rashford to West Ham: Man United star told to make shock...
- 10:54 Japan brewer Asahi says it is open to more M&A after Europe beer deals
- 10:54 Man charged after 12-hour stand-off at flat
- 10:53 Opinions sought on future of historic Grange lido
- 10:53 Marcus Rashford reveals two biggest influences at Manchester United
- 10:53 BREAKING: EasyJet flight diverted to Malaga after 'severe...
- 10:53 Hull City's Ehab Allam says supporters not painting club in best...
- 10:52 Teenager has been found
- 10:51 Police issue warning after elderly woman nearly tricked into...
- 10:51 Lloyd's of London to announce new EU outpost in coming months
- 10:51 Tottenham striker sends title warning to Chelsea
- 10:51 Man killed in Broughton A5104 crash suffered multiple organ failure
- 10:50 Spot On Lancashire has something for everyone
- 10:50 India teenagers die taking selfies with train
- 10:49 Baker spends 35 hours making life-sized Conor McGregor cake...
- 10:48 Club celebrates 25 years of friendship
- 10:47 DOW JONES FUTURES DOWN 0.4 PCT, S&P 500 AND NASDAQ FUTURES DOWN...
- 10:47 Centre-right leads EU speaker race in first vote
- 10:47 Nadia was a princess for day in Leamington and Warwick thanks to...
- 10:47 Why does a bit of snow plunge Britain into transport chaos?
- 10:47 Two Castles Run entry will be through ballot system for first time
- 10:47 Figures show 40 learners are caught using driving test...
- 10:47 Traders announced for Warwick food festival
- 10:47 Leeds in talks over January midfielder deal
- 10:46 New nursery for Kettering primary school
- 10:46 Diego Costa must prove commitment during training sessions if he’s...
- 10:45 Why does a bit of snow plunge Britain into transport chaos?
- 10:45 Manchester United and Arsenal open talks over signing West Ham star...
- 10:45 Chelsea star desperate to join Real Madrid and has told team-mates...
- 10:45 England coach Eddie Jones gives key player 'simulated game' to test...