Exhibition highlights potter’s fine legacy
The work of Halifax craftsman Isaac Button, one of the UK’s last ‘country potters’, is explored in the autumn/winter exhibitions at Dean Clough Galleries.
Artist Rupert Brakspear has used archive and contemporary ceramics, photos and raw materials to reveal the continuing impact of Button, who worked at Soil Hill pottery, on the region and beyond.
The impact of Button’s work on contemporary ceramics is explored in ‘Lost and Found’ in the Link Gallery.
Also on show are works by Barnsley-based photographer Adam Summerscales whose images reveal street life at wheelchair height and a five-year... read more
- 14:12 Alnmouth one-way system set to start
- 14:12 Operation Checkpoint chalks up another success
- 14:12 Opportunity for hospitals to help smokers quit
- 14:11 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:11 Greg Lake dies at 69: One of his last interviews 'ELP were never...
- 14:11 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:11 Help for Mansfield woman with 20-year drug habit
- 14:11 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:11 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 14:11 Futures flat ahead of ECB rate decision
- 14:10 FEATURE: New station will be gateway to Doncaster's future
- 14:10 New lease deal saves Lancaster children’s centre
- 14:10 Tom Heaton set to return for Burnley’s clash with Bournemouth
- 14:10 Boston and Skegness MP backs Government plans for Brexit
- 14:10 Your dazzling Christmas trees - Pictures
- 14:10 British Steel pension scheme proposals welcomed by trustees
- 14:09 Property: Mini estate with old mill on the market in Borders
- 14:08 Man jailed for 14 years for series of sexual assaults and rapes of...
- 14:08 Anarchist group claims it was behind massive flood in Angel
- 14:08 David Seaman: Why Arsenal can beat Chelsea to the Premier League title
- 14:07 Child car seats recalled
- 14:07 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:07 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:07 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:07 Royal Navy sports success for local man
- 14:04 Clinton fan's 'Pantsuit Drive' for homeless job seekers
- 14:03 Is Mablethorpe woman the oldest in the world with Down Syndrome at 81?
- 14:03 Louth Tractors set to support Air Ambulance
- 14:03 Sufferers of schizophrenia 'may have a treatable immune disorder'...
- 14:03 Refusing to give IVF to couples who are struggling to conceive is...