Executive pay: Companies could be forced to reveal pay gap
Britain's largest companies will have to reveal the pay gap between their CEOs and average workers, under new government proposals.
It is one of a number of measures being considered by the government in its consultation on curbing corporate pay.
Other proposals include improving the effectiveness of remuneration committees and votes on pay packages.
It comes after Theresa May appeared to row back from plans to force companies to appoint employees to their boards.
'Better decisions' The government's green paper, published this week, aims to increase public trust in business in the face of... read more
- 16:03 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:03 Call goes out for your funny pet photos
- 16:03 Appeal for information after car stolen in Cubbington
- 16:03 Murdered PC Keith Palmer will be given a full police service funeral
- 16:03 New ANPR camera to be installed off Thickthorn Island near Kenilworth
- 16:02 New £1 coin is guarded by the QUEEN: Secret security codes embedded...
- 16:02 All your Easter food for £21: How an Aldi leg of lamb, Asda hot...
- 16:02 Vauxhall renames its car colour to 'Maddox Yellow' in support of...
- 16:02 Shares in Scotsman owner Johnston Press fall 11.9% as it slumps to...
- 16:02 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:02 Joachim Low explains why Mesut Ozil is one of the world’s best No. 10s
- 16:01 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 16:00 Facebook Stories - What are they and how do you use them?
- 16:00 Leeds medic warns against missing out on vital bowel cancer screening
- 15:59 Immigration debate leads to criticism of deportation chief by...
- 15:59 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 15:59 Prison riot in Mexico leaves two dead and 13 injured
- 15:59 Woman sexually assaulted in Market Drayton
- 15:59 Taking LSD ‘could actually heal your brain’ rather than just...
- 15:59 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 15:59 How a bad Brexit deal could make the UK vulnerable to terror attacks
- 15:59 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 15:58 Here are 5 things you should NEVER buy from the supermarket
- 15:58 Homes hit by power cut
- 15:57 Aidan McAteer's best friend was killed in Huyton motorbike tragedy...
- 15:57 Surveillance zone lifted around farm hit by bird flu
- 15:56 Business backing boosts hospice’s work
- 15:56 Couple open bereavement centre for families who have lost children
- 15:56 West Yorkshire named worst county for animal cruelty outside London
- 15:54 New arrests after murder of Yorkshire dad