Exclusive - Russia may raise up to $1 billion in yuan-denominated bonds by end-2016
Russia may sell its first-ever treasury bonds denominated in Chinese yuan by the end of 2016, the head of the state debt department at the finance ministry said on Friday.
Konstantin Vyshkovsky told Reuters that the finance ministry may sell treasury bonds, known as OFZs, denominated in the Chinese currency later this year as part of additional borrowing worth 200 billion roubles (£2.63 billion).
Moscow may raise an equivalent of $1 billion in yuan through OFZs in the planned issue, money that the finance ministry will convert into roubles, Vyshkovsky said.
Russia is looking for new ways to... read more
- 18:36 Watch Donald Trump get his hand slapped away by Melania in public...
- 18:36 Lana Del Rey cosies up to The Weeknd in sultry Lust For Life video...
- 18:36 Travel: Ile de Re
- 18:35 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:34 ‘We should be shopping for her school uniform, not her headstone’:...
- 18:34 Spain in CRISIS as Catalonia says it will declare independence...
- 18:34 Ulverston governors shortlisted for national award
- 18:34 Who should I vote for?
- 18:34 Northern Ireland MUST get special Brexit deal, favourite in...
- 18:34 Judi Dench sneezes after sniffing on rose named after her at...
- 18:34 Scottish IndyCar hero Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in...
- 18:34 Smoke billows across Edinburgh as fire engulfs former Royal...
- 18:32 Paramedic attacked by teenager who had taken 'Never Never Land Pill'
- 18:32 Watch Cygnet being reared by hand at wildlife hospital
- 18:32 Solihull nursery worker used Facebook to blackmail 'petrified'...
- 18:31 BBC presenter Julie Wadsworth 'performed sex act on boy', court hears
- 18:30 Thousands of bees captured in Station Street swarm incident
- 18:30 Arsenal open talks with top striker: He's set for summer move,...
- 18:30 France's Macron acts on pledge to clean up politics
- 18:26 Cash stolen in west Cumbrian burglary
- 18:26 Quad bike stolen in West Cumbria
- 18:25 Anglesey home of famous airman put up for auction
- 18:24 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:24 Attempted burglary
- 18:24 U.N. envoy to Yemen says Houdeidah port should be kept safe
- 18:24 Owner tells of dog's fight for life after adder bite on Cumbria beach
- 18:22 Ex-BBC WM presenters Tony Wadsworth and Julie Mayer ‘giggled as...
- 18:22 Everything you need to know about Birmingham's first Olympic-length...
- 18:22 YouTuber’s music video gets 2,215,444 dislikes in just one month
- 18:22 Grieving mum shares images of stillborn baby