Exclusive - EU's richest countries getting lion's share of bloc's investment plan
Nearly all of the money spent so far from the European Union's 315 billion euro investment plan has gone to the 15 richest countries in the bloc, leaving the other 13 poorer ones out in the cold, a report by the European Investment Bank has found.
Italy and Spain benefited have benefitted the most in financing for projects in infrastructure and innovation, along with Britain, which voted to leave the bloc in June.
The report, a copy of which has been seen by Reuters, also found, however, that spending is on track for completion by its mid-2018 target date.
The investment plan, launched in... read more
- 01:45 EastEnders spoilers: Tilly Keeper reveals Louise Mitchell and Lisa...
- 01:30 Ben Affleck denies Batman exit rumours
- 01:26 Antonio Conte reveals Chelsea are close to another transfer after...
- 01:23 England captain Heather Knight keen on women's IPL
- 01:23 Andrew 'Beef' Johnston's hits back at 'pathetic' talkSPORT hosts...
- 01:14 Pokemon Go Lugia launch: Chicago Fest brings Legendary to Trainers...
- 01:14 Juventus 1-2 Barcelona: Neymar responds to transfer rumours by...
- 01:12 Manchester United Jose Mourinho press conference LIVE updates
- 01:10 Merseyrail strike hits Open golf at Royal Birkdale
- 01:10 Consultation on changing legal gender to be launched
- 00:57 'It sticks in my mind' - Prince William and Harry speak of last...
- 00:57 Marian Hill: 'An Apple advert kick-started our career'
- 00:55 Australia players' union warn time is running out to resolve pay...
- 00:55 The Open 2017: Final day tee-times as Jordan Spieth leads the field...
- 00:55 Chelsea swoop for Brazilian prodigy Richarlison as Antonio Conte...
- 00:55 Tottenham vs Paris Saint-Germain, International Champions Cup LIVE:...
- 00:51 Emmerdale spoilers: Pierce Harris walks free as Vanessa Woodfield’s...
- 00:35 Range Rover Velar 2017 REVIEW - Can Land Rover do no wrong?
- 00:32 Chelsea lead race to sign Brazilian striker Richarlison
- 00:32 Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and sex workers
- 00:28 Fiction: Chicken Scratchings by Angela Clarke
- 00:28 HMP Hewell: Security teams dealing with 'ongoing incident'
- 00:28 Summer non-fiction books from biography to travel and nature reads
- 00:28 SNES Classic Mini pre-order US UPDATE - Walmart open pre-orders,...
- 00:26 K-golf: South Korea's female golfing phenomenon
- 00:24 Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins set to present BBC Generation Game reboot
- 00:22 Generation Game to be brought back with Mel and Sue
- 00:22 Princes tell documentary of 'fun' childhood with Diana
- 00:20 Grinding teeth at night? Nine things YOU should know about bruxism
- 00:20 How to stop a nosebleed - GP reveals why you are doing THIS wrong