EXCLUSIVE: Conor McGregor's future lies in the lightweight division - Gunnar Nelson
'The Notorious' was scheduled to make his bow in the division at UFC 196, where he was supposed to do battle with former 155-pound champion Rafael Dos Anjos.
However, his first outing in the division was put on hold as Dos Anjos suffered a broken foot two weeks before the highly-anticipated champion vs champion bout.
Ultimate Fighter season five winner Nate Diaz, 19-11, stepped in to replace Dos Anjos and stunned the mixed martial arts world by submitting McGregor in the second round of their welterweight contest with a slick rear-naked choke.
McGregor, 20-3, avenged that loss at UFC 202 in... read more
- 04:08 Orgreave files: Government urged to consider release
- 04:04 Paraguay MPs reject amendment allowing president re-election
- 04:01 Hummus be joking! UK in meltdown over dip shortage
- 03:59 Derbyshire hoping to improve record against Durham
- 03:58 Digital ad spend jumps 22 percent to $72.5 billion in 2016: report
- 03:54 Oil prices fall on lingering oversupply concerns
- 03:54 Chinese banks, brokers eye robo advice for edge on competition
- 03:50 Nikkei gives back some gains, BOJ awaited
- 03:45 Filming of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in JEOPARDY over...
- 03:36 Neil McNicholas: Calling the useless quangos to account
- 03:28 Hummus shortage leaves North East middle classes in dip disarray
- 03:25 Israel seeks U.S. backing to avert permanent Iran foothold in Syria
- 03:25 Brazil lawmakers pass labour bill in bittersweet victory for Temer
- 03:24 Ex-Rangers owner Sir David Murray says he had 'no relationship'...
- 03:21 South Korea raises 2017 export outlook, April shipments seen surging
- 03:14 Inquiry into renewable heat incentive scheme to convene
- 03:14 Abuse reports must be taken seriously, says charity after Alice...
- 03:14 Bradley Lowery returns to hospital as mother reveals his...
- 03:14 Court to consider Government's delay on revealing air pollution plan
- 03:02 'My vision is like looking through a straw'
- 03:02 At what age do you feel you have reached adulthood?
- 02:57 North Korea vows to ‘BREAK the Earth’ with ‘5 MILLION nuclear...
- 02:54 Does Le Pen have a chance of winning French presidency?
- 02:54 First Americans claim sparks controversy
- 02:43 U.S. urges Venezuela to release jailed Utah man on humanitarian...
- 02:43 Trump gives Pentagon power to reset Iraq, Syria troop limits
- 02:40 Venezuela to withdraw from OAS as deadly protests continue
- 02:38 Ted 2017: The robot that wants to go to university
- 02:36 Elderly care fund ‘is just a ruse’ say MPs
- 02:28 Companies cheer Trump tax cuts, but jobs are less certain to follow