Ex-serviceman took £20,000 from elderly woman's account as he lost thousands on gambling
An ex-serviceman who took £20,000 from an elderly woman’s accounts as he lost thousands on online gambling is behind bars today.
Phillip Hugill, 60, abused his position as lasting power of attorney and spent two years defrauding a woman before her death aged 88.
The carer withdrew or transferred £19,999 from the vulnerable widow’s six accounts for his own use between October 2011 and September 2013.
In those two years he lost almost all of that amount - £16,751 - in online gambling, Teesside Crown Court heard yesterday.
Prosecutor Tamara Pawson said: “The defendant was regularly gambling on... read more
- 14:13 Inquest opened into death of vulnerable woman who was hit by HGV on...
- 14:13 VIDEO: Thankful dad in £27,000 Christmas fundraiser for Sheffield...
- 14:12 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Star makes SHOCK revelation on 'curse':...
- 14:12 Nursery ‘inadequate’ in all areas
- 14:11 PNE in Numbers: New boy Louis Moult’s goalscoring development
- 14:11 Harrogate Song for Christmas 2017: Brackenfield School year two
- 14:09 Paedophile sent naked pictures to 'schoolgirl' - who was actually...
- 14:09 Two Derbyshire towns scoop most festive in England title
- 14:09 Boss urges Birmingham Moseley to be quick off mark in the capital
- 14:09 Mark Gatiss says tears were shed when Peter Capaldi filmed last...
- 14:08 The A Word films at Keswick School for final episode
- 14:08 You will be off work for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
- 14:08 VIDEO: Thankful dad in £27,000 Christmas fundraiser for Sheffield...
- 14:08 What is a doula and how might one help you during pregnancy?
- 14:08 Liverpool get green light from Monaco to begin talks over Thomas...
- 14:08 Town event hailed a big success after decision to go ahead
- 14:08 Diabetes prevention diet: Snacking on THIS unlikely fruit could...
- 14:08 Nurse shortage hits patient care at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- 14:08 Huddersfield Mission's activities 'open the door to improving...
- 14:06 Merkel reveals 'MASTER PLAN’ for EU true union and integration
- 14:06 ANC to finally reveal Jacob Zuma's successor as party leader
- 14:06 Drugs seized as Wakefield police launch Christmas patrols
- 14:06 Million Britons miss out on 'decent' broadband speeds
- 14:06 Nurse shortage hits patient care at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- 14:06 Police charge 26 people after huge series of raids in Merseyside...
- 14:06 Manchester United transfer window plans revealed by Jose Mourinho
- 14:06 Police attend three-car crash at Bessingby Hill
- 14:06 Manchester United player Eric Bailly to have surgery on injury
- 14:03 Warning over killer Aussie flu set to strike down Brits over Christmas
- 14:03 Quick-thinking bin man saves theatre puppet star from the scrap...