Ex-Prime Minister Ted Heath WOULD have been quizzed by police over child sex abuse claims
Former Conservative Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath would be questioned over allegations that he raped and indecently assaulted boys as young as 10 were he alive today, a controversial police report has said.
A Wiltshire Police investigation, called Operation Conifer, concluded that seven of the claims would have been sufficiently credible to justify questioning Sir Edward, who was prime minister between 1970 and 1974, under caution.
The report does not address the question of Sir Edward's guilt or innocence because the remit of the two-year £1.5 million inquiry was to see whether there was... read more
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet
- 09:51 VIDEO: Police and forensics on the scene as Buckingham Street in...
- 09:50 Rumours: Barcelona to continue pursuit of Liverpool star
- 09:49 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp targets Atletico Madrid ace Sime...
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...
- 09:47 David Moyes reveals BRUTAL new rule is the secret to West Ham’s...
- 09:45 Millennials will spend £1.1MILLION on rent over their lifetimes if...
- 09:44 Amazing satellite images show Nottinghamshire blanketed in snow
- 09:44 Passenger plane carrying 25 people crashes into field
- 09:43 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:43 Gun, taser and drugs found in police raid on Sheffield house
- 09:43 The best films on TV this Christmas
- 09:42 Fin-tastic cash for Bassetlaw Hospital
- 09:42 Theft of cash from ATM: Police want to speak to this man
- 09:42 'I got him as a secret Santa present' - the very worst reasons why...
- 09:41 Scarborough Council to crack down on grave memorials after ‘disco’...
- 09:40 Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa signings - where are they now?
- 09:39 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:39 Feature: Conquering hills with ‘The Beast’
- 09:39 Squirrel keeps coming back to visit the family who saved her eight...
- 09:37 Fantasy Football Tips: Your best captain options considered for...
- 09:37 Two men charged after death of Barrow man Andrew Hackett
- 09:37 Apprentice viewers left stunned after Lord Sugar fires potential...
- 09:37 New shop makes its presence felt in town