Ex-IMF chief Rato denies misuse of credit cards in Spanish trial
Former International Monetary Fund chief Rodrigo Rato rejected at a trial on Tuesday claims he had misused a corporate credit card during his time at lender Bankia (BKIA.MC), saying the expenses he accrued were legal and part of his salary.
Rato and 64 other executives and former board members of Bankia and its founding savings bank Caja Madrid are accused of illegally charging millions of euros in personal expenses on company cards in a case that has incensed Spaniards.
Rato, who chaired Bankia for two years until just before its state bailout in 2012, has since repaid the almost 100,000... read more
- 00:26 China 'constructing REFUGEE CAMPS’ for North Korea defectors if...
- 00:23 Viewpoint: India court disregards woman's right to choose husband
- 00:23 Ambitious Wales economic growth plan that encourages firms to...
- 00:19 Quetta's Hazara: The community caged in its own city
- 00:19 Laurent Wauquiez: Right-winger is French opposition hope against...
- 00:16 University chiefs must curb pay excesses, says minister
- 00:16 Fury returns to London for UKAD steroid hearing
- 00:16 Clement warns City off celebrations
- 00:16 Klopp: I won’t apologise for squad swaps
- 00:16 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:16 Christine Keeler: the one that got the blame
- 00:16 State of the Nation(alists)
- 00:16 Guitar over Gaza
- 00:16 Grenfell victims still sidelined
- 00:16 Museum grab condemned as ‘bid to humiliate’ Catalonia
- 00:16 Emboldened Netanyahu set straight by EU
- 00:16 Celtics vs Bulls LIVE stream: How to watch Boston against Chicago...
- 00:16 Maduro hails socialist gains
- 00:16 Kerslake’s trust put in special measures
- 00:16 Ex-fire chief who led cuts appointed to Grenfell panel
- 00:16 A THIRD OF GIRLS ABUSED AT SCHOOL
- 00:15 'Worrying alarm call' for world's birds on brink of extinction
- 00:15 The SRU facing difficult questions over bid for English Premiership...
- 00:14 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:13 Consultation launched today into 'opt out' organ donation scheme
- 00:13 Cumbria Police rated good over ethics
- 00:11 Consultation launched today into 'opt out' organ donation scheme
- 00:11 Cumbria Police rated good over ethics
- 00:10 Full moons increase chances of fatal motorbike crashes
- 00:09 Councillor's faith restored as shop repair bike vandalised when he...