Ex-IMF chief Rato denies misuse of credit cards in Spanish trial
Former International Monetary Fund chief Rodrigo Rato rejected at a trial on Tuesday claims he had misused a corporate credit card during his time at lender Bankia (BKIA.MC), saying the expenses he accrued were legal and part of his salary.
Rato and 64 other executives and former board members of Bankia and its founding savings bank Caja Madrid are accused of illegally charging millions of euros in personal expenses on company cards in a case that has incensed Spaniards.
Rato, who chaired Bankia for two years until just before its state bailout in 2012, has since repaid the almost 100,000... read more
- 10:01 Consumer lending growth in May slowest since 2015 - BBA
- 09:59 Teacher casually marks homework during Liam Gallagher’s...
- 09:58 Police rescue children trapped in old orphanage
- 09:57 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch update: MORE Wii U games to join list
- 09:57 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 09:57 Major peas plant plans on edge of the Wolds
- 09:57 Hundreds join Eddie Izzard in fun run to remember Jo Cox
- 09:57 60 high rise buildings in 25 local authorities fail cladding tests...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after plunging from Tradeston bridge into...
- 09:54 Antonio Conte’s agent reveals Chelsea failed in bid to sign Antonio...
- 09:54 Car fire on motorway
- 09:54 Chelsea transfer announcements on hold: Why Blues are waiting until...
- 09:53 Complete chaos on London Underground after huge signal systems failure
- 09:53 More than 100 pets were poisoned by e-cigarettes in Britain last year
- 09:52 Hero Notts Police dog handler honoured with kennels renaming
- 09:52 June 26, 1917 – So you think fake news and sponsored stories are...
- 09:51 Bill Cosby tour 'not about sex assault'
- 09:51 Extra cheer at town beer run
- 09:51 Brave Bradley gets hero’s welcome on the Yorkshire coast
- 09:51 Alexis Sanchez to Man City: Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi has 'no...
- 09:51 Organic product recalled due to salmonella contamination
- 09:50 Man dies after A605 crash
- 09:50 Woman ‘sacked for not wearing bra’ while working in pub
- 09:50 Holyrood to probe safety of high-rise blocks following Grenfell
- 09:49 Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- 09:48 Hospital holds graduation ceremonies for premature babies leaving...
- 09:48 Former Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink among...
- 09:48 Grantham firefighters tackle car blaze in Barrowby
- 09:48 Grantham fire spreads from rubbish to window frame
- 09:47 GLOBAL MARKETS-Italy bank deal lifts Europe shares, dollar on back...