Ex-IMF chief Rato denies misuse of credit cards in Spanish trial
Former International Monetary Fund chief Rodrigo Rato rejected at a trial on Tuesday claims he had misused a corporate credit card during his time at lender Bankia (BKIA.MC), saying the expenses he accrued were legal and part of his salary.
Rato and 64 other executives and former board members of Bankia and its founding savings bank Caja Madrid are accused of illegally charging millions of euros in personal expenses on company cards in a case that has incensed Spaniards.
Rato, who chaired Bankia for two years until just before its state bailout in 2012, has since repaid the almost 100,000... read more
- 15:41 Leicester caretaker Michael Appleton believes Craig Shakespeare's...
- 15:41 Cyclist's Cardiff route makes face on Strava app map
- 15:41 Manchester United academy chief Nicky Butt slams clubs for how...
- 15:40 Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein hints at Frankfurt move
- 15:40 Worksop chef’s catering firm derailed after boozy collision
- 15:40 Man Utd news: Peter Schmeichel defends Jose Mourinho amid Antonio...
- 15:40 'We're just trying to make a living - don't tar us with sinking...
- 15:39 Disgust as group of men at side of road seen pointing laser pens...
- 15:39 Mansfield soldier demoted after drink drive conviction
- 15:38 Jail for burglar who targeted Blackpool hotels
- 15:38 Carlisle budget to be revisited after 'garden tax' scrapped
- 15:38 A marathon effort for hospice and club
- 15:37 Wayne Rooney and THAT goal against Arsenal FC
- 15:37 West Midlands Police have this message for Birmingham City fans...
- 15:37 New Church of Scientology to open in Birmingham this weekend
- 15:37 Gerrard: I'm impressed by Ben Woodburn
- 15:37 Gary Rowett pinpoints issue that has put extra pressure on Derby...
- 15:37 George Michael Fantasy: NEW video reminds us why we loved him so...
- 15:37 Alexa Bliss will defend her WWE titel against Mickie James
- 15:37 University of Sussex student bottled in alleged racist attack
- 15:36 Strongman to pull TWO 44 tonne lorries in audacious world record...
- 15:36 Manchester United determined to beat Real Madrid to Umaro Embalo
- 15:35 ‘Sense of family’ praised at Cleveleys school by inspectors
- 15:35 School closes as taps run dry
- 15:35 Worksop chef’s catering firm derailed after boozy collision
- 15:33 Breaking: Passenger jet declares emergency in skies over Coventry -...
- 15:33 Horror arm injury probe launched at 2 Sisters meat plant
- 15:33 Look inside house up for sale in 'one of the most exclusive...
- 15:32 George and council team on digital awards shortlist
- 15:31 80-year-old Warwickshire heritage railway worker hangs up his...