Ex-footballer Dean Windass owes more than £150,000, say tax officials
A specialist judge oversaw a preliminary Bankruptcy Court hearing in London on Monday.
Tax officials say he owes more than £150,000.
Lawyers said Windass was trying to find a solution.
Windass, 47, who comes from Hull, was not at the hearing but was represented by barrister Sri Carmichael.
Another hearing is scheduled for December.
Striker Windass made more than 600 appearances and scored more than 200 goals in a career which began in the early 1990s and lasted around 18 years.
He played for more than half a dozen clubs, including Hull, Bradford, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and... read more
- 12:24 More information needed about controversial landfill site at former...
- 12:24 EU support among Germans reaches 25-year high, survey shows
- 12:24 Mansfield mayor: Terror attacks were ‘too close for comfort’
- 12:24 It’s time we all treated the NHS with respect
- 12:23 Nottingham 'gig' postponed due to Parliament terrorist attack
- 12:22 Westminster terror attack: Rugby man nearly hit by car on bridge
- 12:21 Google urged by judge to 'take responsibility' in fight against...
- 12:21 Why you could be getting a pay rise from April 1
- 12:21 Blackpool students compete for digital future
- 12:21 Youtube prankster to headline Friday night comedy at Alexander's
- 12:21 Transfer News: Arsenal's £25m Barca raid, £38m Man Utd and...
- 12:21 As the new Formula One season gets ready to kick off in Melbourne,...
- 12:21 Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez drops another...
- 12:20 Livingston FC fan blog: It's been a successful few days for the...
- 12:20 Skai Jackson hits the red carpet after her viral meme took the...
- 12:20 Celtic star Scott Brown is the reason I'm now Norway skipper, says...
- 12:20 Rangers interview Peter Lovenkrands for coaching role under Pedro...
- 12:20 Russian man pleads guilty over $500m malware scam
- 12:20 Cuts will see schools fall in league tables
- 12:20 Trojans get reality check in home loss to Saddleworth
- 12:20 Sharks push title favourites all the way in narrow defeat
- 12:20 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements
- 12:19 Sir Alex Ferguson says modern day players not prepared to be managers
- 12:19 Police appeal after man attacked in car near Nont Sarah's pub
- 12:18 The clocks are set to change - and this is how to get your kids to...
- 12:18 Flight laptop ban: How it affects passengers and all you need to know
- 12:18 London terrorist attack: Look inside the Birmingham flat raided by...