Ex-Dundee United star David Goodwillie 'can't afford legal costs' to fight rape case
FORMER Scotland striker David Goodwillie can’t afford to defend a damages action brought by a woman who claims he raped her, a court heard yesterday.
The plea by the ex-Dundee United star came after he lost a bid to overturn an order to set aside £100,000 ahead of the action.
A judge was told if the order was not recalled, Goodwillie, 27 faced being left without legal representation for the complex case.
But Lord Armstrong rejected the motion and refused to put the action on hold for a legal aid application for the player to be decided.
Denise Clair, 30, has raised a £500,000 damages action... read more
- 12:42 Time for cuppa as cafe opens up at Fylde coast library
- 12:42 Pups under threat as Scottish dog shelter issues desperate plea for...
- 12:42 Cops probing shocking East Kilbride sex attack appeal to hooded pair
- 12:41 Jodie Whittaker to have three new assistants when she becomes...
- 12:41 Couple tell of horror after car fire trapped them in their home
- 12:41 Appeal for witnesses after ‘altercation’ in Rugby
- 12:41 Everything you need to know about Leeds Christmas lights switch on...
- 12:41 Dyer dampens talk of Sinfield signing for Hoppers
- 12:41 Maguire booster for PNE
- 12:40 Jason Derulo’s epic Game of Thrones Night King Halloween costume...
- 12:40 Pedro Caixinha back to work at Rangers less than 24 hours after...
- 12:40 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:40 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:39 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:39 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:39 'I had to go into survival mode' Diver forced to fend of 13ft tiger...
- 12:39 New railcard for 26-30-year-olds revealed but travellers demand...
- 12:39 The pressing issues Aston Villa need to resolve ahead of Birmingham...
- 12:39 Woman charged with murder of 18-month-old boy who fell from...
- 12:39 Birmingham City announce partnership with Spanish outfit
- 12:39 Birmingham would lose almost £7 billion from a 'hard Brexit'
- 12:39 This Morning's Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby REPLACED by...
- 12:38 Lifeboat ferries paramedic to Holy Island
- 12:38 Free renewables training in Northumberland
- 12:38 Mark Hunt questions why UFC legend Georges St-Pierre is allowed...
- 12:38 Developing young citizens
- 12:38 Can’t pay, won’t pay, but now even more to pay?
- 12:38 Extra-care housing site officially opened
- 12:37 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:37 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man