Ex-Dundee United star David Goodwillie 'can't afford legal costs' to fight rape case
FORMER Scotland striker David Goodwillie can’t afford to defend a damages action brought by a woman who claims he raped her, a court heard yesterday.
The plea by the ex-Dundee United star came after he lost a bid to overturn an order to set aside £100,000 ahead of the action.
A judge was told if the order was not recalled, Goodwillie, 27 faced being left without legal representation for the complex case.
But Lord Armstrong rejected the motion and refused to put the action on hold for a legal aid application for the player to be decided.
Denise Clair, 30, has raised a £500,000 damages action... read more
- 10:49 Manchester clubs were supposed to do battle for the Premier League...
- 10:49 Birmingham City trial Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr
- 10:49 Tunisia massacre: Inquest into Sousse beach tragedy to start today
- 10:49 A self-supporting city street
- 10:48 Lance Stroll must NOT copy this current F1 driver, claims Jacques...
- 10:48 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:47 Flashing UFO appears near Space Station – but astronaut ‘covers it...
- 10:47 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 10:47 From a milkman on skis to sledding nuns: Stunning vintage photos of...
- 10:47 Reports of shooting near Primary School in Glasgow during morning...
- 10:46 Woman taken to hospital after vehicle smashes into post near Doncaster
- 10:46 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 10:46 SPEED CAMERAS: Latest hot spot locations
- 10:46 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:46 Pep Guardiola effectively says Manchester United are out of the...
- 10:45 Consultation on STI funding
- 10:44 Top things to do at the weekend (January 20 to 22)
- 10:44 Coalition forces have freed two million from IS, says Fallon
- 10:43 Kids describe their dream homes
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year