Every single PIP claim reassessed: Here’s what you need to know
The government has announced that all 1,600,000 claims for the main disability benefit are going to be reassessed.
It follows a High Court decision last month that the regulations ‘blatantly discriminated’ against people with mental distress.
Around 220,000 people are expected to see their PIP (Personal Independence Payment) increase as a result.
But what happens next?
We spoke to James Taylor, Scope’s head of policy, to find out what people can expect.
Who is most likely to get the extra money? This review is specifically related to people whose mental distress has prevented them from... read more
- 16:43 'Strip Northern of the franchise': Rail passengers slam shambolic...
- 16:42 Ringstead charity’s campaign to raise £30,000 in 30 days to mark 30...
- 16:42 Closed Sheffield church mounts appeal to pay for £120,000 ceiling...
- 16:41 Child sexual abuse and the Catholic Church: What you need to know
- 16:41 Brexit made every home in Yorkshire £900 poorer, according to Bank...
- 16:38 WATCH: Higher Wheelton girl honoured with national Macmillan award...
- 16:38 Military veterans are ‘not confident getting the help they need...
- 16:37 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:37 Oxfordshire County Council retains ‘good’ Ofsted rating for...
- 16:36 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:36 Knightcote murder trial: Jury to decide whether Warwickshire pilot...
- 16:33 Six ways the royal wedding will rewire your summer look
- 16:33 Tesco home delivery customers left fuming over computer glitch
- 16:33 Harry Potter and Tom Kerridge fuel Bloomsbury's record revenue
- 16:34 Joy at birth of incredibly rare reindeer twins in Highlands
- 16:33 What is ruby chocolate and how is it made?
- 16:33 Scottish employment numbers hit record high
- 16:33 Jet Airways now offers direct flights from Manchester to Mumbai
- 16:33 Can you listen to music during Ramadan?
- 16:33 With Google Lens, you might not need to remember the name of...
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan attend first royal event since wedding
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan make first appearance as married couple at...
- 16:33 Watch: Former Coventry City winger slapped by Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 16:33 How much are your old movie posters worth?
- 16:33 Forced marriage trial: Police urge other victims to come forward
- 16:33 Porsche ordered to recall 60,000 diesel cars over emissions: is...
- 16:33 Bubble Rush raises more than £20,000 for Kettering charity
- 16:33 Burnley MP slams £1m. waste of county compensation payouts
- 16:33 Success at second Saltfleet Gala event
- 16:33 Jamie Robson signs new two-year deal with Dundee United