Everton manager Ronald Koeman says Republic of Ireland 'killed' James McCarthy during World Cup qualifiers
Everton manager Ronald Koeman has claimed that Republic of Ireland put midfielder James McCarthy at risk of injury by over-playing him during the international break.
McCarthy has not played for Everton since August 23 after injuring his groin, but played 90 minutes for Martin O'Neill's Ireland team against Georgia last week and then another 81 minutes against Moldova on Sunday.
Koeman believes the 25-year-old's return for Everton could be delayed as a result. He said: 'When James came back from Ireland the message from Everton's medical staff was that he was massively overloaded.
'I would... read more
- 11:36 Nine Lincolnshire Police officers assaulted in three days
- 11:36 Children secure place at preferred Northumberland schools
- 11:35 How former airbase school bounced back after RAF left Doncaster
- 11:34 Prince's family suing hospital that treated singer for initial...
- 11:34 Winter is coming: how the weather became TV's coldest villain
- 11:33 Godleman over the moon with victory
- 11:33 3 arrested after drugs and gun found in raid
- 11:32 Show dedicated to Sheffield dance teacher
- 11:32 Chancellor hails a 'turning point' for the economy as the...
- 11:32 Holyrood row breaks out over "fawning" Royal baby motion
- 11:32 New case of Alabama Rot confirmed
- 11:32 Premier League transfer news: Danny Rose, Mauro Icardi, Jorginho,...
- 11:31 How former airbase school bounced back after RAF left Doncaster
- 11:31 Brackley food business to offer direct degree route
- 11:31 Peruvian judge orders arrest of two accused of lynching Canadian
- 11:30 David Davis apologises for unannounced border visit
- 11:30 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:30 Man released after joint enterprise conviction quashed
- 11:30 Kate Middleton red dress is giving us serious Princess Diana vibes
- 11:29 Closing branches leaves ‘sense of decline and despair’, banks...
- 11:29 Using your phone in the passenger seat could land you a £200 fine...
- 11:28 Digital skills partnership launch
- 11:28 Blackpool building firm in £21m city work
- 11:28 Middle earners punished by 'fiscal drag': Higher rate of income tax...
- 11:28 How you could get points and a fine for using your phone as a...
- 11:28 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell reveals the shocking truth about...
- 11:28 Mohamed Salah is worshipped from the Colosseum to the Kop... here's...
- 11:27 £15,000 campaign to bring wheelchair friendly roundabout to...
- 11:27 TSB boss apologises after customers hit by IT glitches
- 11:25 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight