Everton manager Ronald Koeman says Republic of Ireland 'killed' James McCarthy during World Cup qualifiers
Everton manager Ronald Koeman has claimed that Republic of Ireland put midfielder James McCarthy at risk of injury by over-playing him during the international break.
McCarthy has not played for Everton since August 23 after injuring his groin, but played 90 minutes for Martin O'Neill's Ireland team against Georgia last week and then another 81 minutes against Moldova on Sunday.
Koeman believes the 25-year-old's return for Everton could be delayed as a result. He said: 'When James came back from Ireland the message from Everton's medical staff was that he was massively overloaded.
'I would... read more
- 05:06 South American hitman keen on Liverpool switch: They've scouted him...
- 05:06 China police confirm illegally made, stored explosives killed 14
- 05:05 £15m for Teesside, none for us - experts hit out at devolution...
- 05:05 North Tyneside healthcare to be slashed to provide one 24-hour service
- 05:04 Manhunt for murderer with North Wales links into third week
- 05:04 Welsh speakers to man phonelines of major child sex abuse inquiry
- 04:58 Cineworld Broad Street's 4DX screen is a smash hit with the stars...
- 04:51 New York State Athletic Commission keeping a close eye on Conor...
- 04:51 Golden boys! British Ballon d'Or winners: Which Manchester United...
- 04:44 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:36 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 04:36 Father to be sentenced for murder of two-month old baby Daisy-Mae
- 04:36 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:34 James Clapper says North Korea denuclearisation a 'lost cause'
- 04:29 Young adult offenders rethink urged by MPs
- 04:10 LETTER: Open invitation for Corbyn to visit Dewsbury
- 04:10 LETTER: Incensed at decision to shut Kirklees museum
- 04:10 LETTER: We need more than just opposition
- 04:10 PPG is bringing the colour back to the Batley and Birstall community
- 04:10 Week of disruption as roadworks take place at Chain Bar
- 04:10 Cost of living - fuel prices on the increase
- 04:10 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 04:10 30 years on, police re-examine brutal unsolved canalside murder
- 04:10 New Dewsbury sessions to help learn more about World War One
- 04:02 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 04:00 Nikkei edges down after U.S. shares drop; mining shares sold
- 03:56 Feeling of financial security 'takes £21,000 savings'
- 03:56 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 03:55 Conservatives in turmoil over Heathrow third runway decision
- 03:55 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...