Everton boss Ronald Koeman praises pal Pep Guardiola but hopes to derail Manchester City's bid to win Premier League title 'the hard way'
Everton manager Ronald Koeman has praised his old Barcelona room-mate Pep Guardiola for trying to win the Premier League the hard way.
Koeman and Guardiola - who played together in Spain in the 1990s - face each other at as Everton visit Manchester City on Saturday.
And Koeman believes Guardiola's insistence on trying to play the passing style familiar to that of their old club marks him as unique in England.
The Everton boss said: 'City have been very good - maybe not in the last game against Tottenham but impressive how they play football.
'It is good to see the difference between how... read more
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening
- 13:54 Argentinean TV station held a minute’s silence after Croatia defeat
- 13:54 Arsenal forget Joel Campbell plays for the club as Costa Rica take...
- 13:54 Exam board makes last-minute changes to two A-level papers after leak
- 13:53 Matteo Salvini: a political chameleon thriving on fears
- 13:53 What to expect when Donald Trump visits the UK
- 13:52 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:51 Callous looters raid fire-damaged Campus bar shut after Glasgow...
- 13:51 Remember Ulises de la Cruz? The former Aston Villa star's career...
- 13:51 Giant gantry to be lifted into place over M6 in Cheshire as part of...
- 13:51 Some Championship clubs will be hit by a transfer embargo, warns boss
- 13:51 Almost 40 firefighters tackle massive West Bromwich factory blaze
- 13:51 Birkir Bjarnason - one for the Aston Villa sale list or one to...
- 13:51 Angry Carlisle man took revenge on neighbour - by throwing lit...
- 13:51 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 13:51 Rocketing demand for data science skills by students and firms
- 13:50 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:49 TRAVEL REVIEW: Butlin's still serves up the very best of British...
- 13:48 Neymar: Brazil star ‘calls’ Lionel Messi amid World Cup nightmare...
- 13:47 Litter pick in Tweedmouth
- 13:47 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:47 Officers in dramatic Nunsthorpe arrest praised by chief as it...