Event at children's hospital cancelled over 'killer clown' craze
A clown production company has been forced to cancel an event at a children's hospital due to fears they would be confused for the "killer clown" craze sweeping across Britain.
The Clown Doctors, who include Dr Rumtumtumich, Dr Lulu McDoo and Dr Poppy Sneezitoff, were due to celebrate 10 years of visiting sick children by putting on a special event at the Great North Children's Hospital in Newcastle.
But due to the sinister trend that came across from the United States, security at the Royal Victoria Infirmary advised them to postpone the event.
Martin Wilson, director at TIN Arts... read more
- 12:49 See how many people were caught driving and using a mobile phone in...
- 12:49 Oak helps HAPPA celebrate 80th anniversary
- 12:49 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:49 GOTCHA: Russia obliterates ISIS targets in Syria as second massive...
- 12:48 Lancashire Police crackdown on mobile phone use behind the wheel
- 12:48 Lloyds cyber-attack details emerge
- 12:48 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:48 Blood donor who is scared of needles encourages people to save lives
- 12:48 Stuck for somewhere to park in Lincoln? A 200-space park and ride...
- 12:48 Rafael Nadal sets up quarter-final clash with Milos Raonic
- 12:47 Can I date a guy shorter than me? Of course! Here’s why it’s the best
- 12:47 Most German companies expect little to no impact from Brexit - poll
- 12:47 Gritters head out in Derbyshire with freezing temperatures expected...
- 12:46 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger faces FA ban for stunning comment: This...
- 12:46 Premier League odds: Chelsea nailed on favourites but which 9/1...
- 12:46 Women take to Yorkshire streets and march in worldwide protest...
- 12:45 No wonder Arsene Wenger is growing angry... Granit Xhaka was...
- 12:45 Papy Djilobodji faces four-match FA ban for violent conduct after...
- 12:45 Malaysia arrests four linked to Islamic State cell in Philippines
- 12:44 Ofsted praise nursery in Alfreton
- 12:44 Which rugby league legend has become patron of the Laura Crane...
- 12:44 Fire at former South Yorkshire school was arson
- 12:44 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:44 Nuneaton man charged with manslaughter of "kind, clever and...
- 12:43 Stabbing probe after attack in early hours
- 12:43 Manchester United defender Luke Shaw must fight to prove he is a...
- 12:43 Woman was assaulted on New Year's Day in Newark
- 12:43 Watch 19 buildings demolished in one big explosion
- 12:42 Food festival serves up an extra course
- 12:41 German police arrest man on suspicion of planning militant attack