Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to... read more
- 11:39 Man's body found on muddy riverbank
- 11:39 Four people charged after 16-year-old flown to hospital with stab...
- 11:39 Coventry "career criminal" back behind bars for having gun
- 11:38 Firm threatens legal action if it can't carry out fracking survey...
- 11:37 Collective shambles
- 11:37 Who is Marshall McLuhan, the star of the latest Google Doodle?
- 11:37 Pound v US dollar: GBP could surge against USD on Fed rate decision
- 11:36 Dave Mackay happy with workrate of his Stirling Albion side in...
- 11:36 Joanne Calderwood left raging after points decision goes against...
- 11:36 Boots faces morning-after pill cost row
- 11:35 First class garden for a flower show
- 11:35 Manchester United target Eric Dier keen on transfer despite...
- 11:35 How Linkin Park made rap metal memorable
- 11:35 Paper round-up: Barcelona want Coutinho, Wilshere to West Ham,...
- 11:34 Alliances made as Ulverston prepares for worst case scenario
- 11:34 National crime expert brings experience to Cumbria police service
- 11:35 Antonio Conte: Chelsea have signed a fantastic striker in...
- 11:34 Barrow fire boss praises his men after four-car inferno
- 11:34 Barrow school thankful for new inclusive sensory room
- 11:34 Barrow man jailed for carrying drugs and lock knife
- 11:34 Debate: Recorded crime figures on the rise
- 11:34 Twinkling Stars is officially world class
- 11:34 Cancer fighting cop's year of fundraising
- 11:32 Blac Chyna seems over Rob Kardashian scandal as she joins Nicki...
- 11:32 Family pays tribute to 'beautiful angel' mum-of-four killed in car...
- 11:32 What are the dangers, effects, and laws when it comes to Molly...
- 11:32 Coventry City matches set to be broadcast online
- 11:31 It's the fight club!
- 11:31 A successful run of sports development
- 11:31 These are the most common travel scams - and here's how to avoid them